Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60 Tranny mount? good or bad

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60 Tranny mount? good or bad

my car has been accelerating rough lately only on hard launches. checked the u-joints and everything in the rear and seems good. but for some reason i hear its a common problem for higher mileage f-bodies tranny mounts to go bad. is it true, would it make a hard launch rough? im going to the track thursday and I hope itd be something simple to fix. im about to get under it to see if its cracked or torn.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

well it does have little crack that i can see, might be more to it when i get it all the way out. would it make a high torque run from the start feel that rough? idk... any transmission mount problems/experiences could be useful for help. Im going outside to take it apart to see if its worth the 40 replacing if it's even the cause of the problem
Old 05-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

wow... nobody doesnt know anything about this.... I got the mount out. its torn on the same side where it sounded like my car was banging.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes, a mount can cause vibration and other noise issues. It is a cheap fix, try it and see if it goes away. A lot of guys "upgrade" to the poly mounts only to find they are to stiff and cause driveline problems. Good luck and hope it fixes your problem.

Chris
Old 05-12-2009, 11:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Circle-D
Yes, a mount can cause vibration and other noise issues. It is a cheap fix, try it and see if it goes away. A lot of guys "upgrade" to the poly mounts only to find they are to stiff and cause driveline problems. Good luck and hope it fixes your problem.

Chris
thats what i just finished installing and the poly mount is definately a lot more firm.I like it but it causes some humming during high rpm acceleration. Oh well.. its not bad just something ill have to get use too. My factory mount almost ripped all the way across to the other side, that could have been bad lol.