Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

C5 Z06 rocker damage

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C5 Z06 rocker damage

So I took my new track car out for a shakedown the other week and in one session got down and bumped the marbles at the apex (at a non-marble friendly track), car got light and then compressed bottoming out on the drivers side of the car because of the lean it was already in. end result was a busted drivers rear rocker and missing wheel liner:

i've already ordered a new brake vent for the rocker.

My problem lies with not being able to actually replace the rocker (well, not wanting to). Prior to me owning John Heinricy has driven the car and signed the door jam, which is 1 piece with the Rocker.

once i get the brake vent should i find a fiberglasser to repair this? how much am i looking at spending for a fiberglasser to patch this? I'm decent with body work stuff, though i haven't worked with f'glass much, are there any good how-to's or easy fixes for something like this? I don't care much about painting it, it's a racecar, i'll put tape or vinyl over it

thanks!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's a fairly easy fix for a composites guy. Make sure whoever fixes it uses an epoxy or SMC based repair, not polyester fiberglass. The body of your car is SMC and fixing it with fiberglass will kind of work, but can crack back off or leave repair prints. Good luck with it!
Old 05-14-2009, 04:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks!

Quick Reply: C5 Z06 rocker damage