Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Intro from AZ

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intro from AZ with pics

Hello everyone. I finally found the car I have always wanted and picked her up Wednesday. She is a beautiful black 2002 Camaro SS 6M mostly stock with the exception of a Borla catback with 58k miles. Whoever owned this car before me took exceptional care of it. I freaking LOVE this car.

A little about myself...

I am a SSG in the U.S. Army stationed out in the suckfest known as Ft. Huachuca in southern Arizona. Been in for about 9 years now and will most likely make a career out of it. I do a lot of stuff with computers and music creation software/hardware in my spare time. I am new to the "darkside" being that everything I have ever worked on had no more than 4 cyls and had a turbo. the last car did not have spark plugs. I spent a lot of time in the DSM world and used to have a 99 Eclipse GST with a bunch of mods but still would repeatedly get schooled by various LS1 powered monsters. I traded a 03 Jetta TDI that i tried to make somewhat enjoyable to drive but that was a useless effort. 40-50 mpg is great but the driving experience was horrible. I really dont plan on doing to much with the SS (yeah right...) for now. The only negative things I have noticed so far is that one of the clips on the airbox keeps falling off, there is a clunk in the drivers side front suspension when going over bumps, and I think the dealer put 87 in it cause I am getting what sounds like pinging in high rpm under load, like someone shaking a can full of pennies. I have been babying it until i run this tank out and will see what happens when i fill it with 91. Other than getting some pics up thats pretty much it. Looking forward to hanging out here and learning about these amazing cars.

Last edited by ex nihilo; 05-15-2009 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Added pics
Old 05-15-2009, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

Welcome to the site...
Nice ride you picked up and Thank you for doing what you do...
You will be able to find answers to all your questions here...
All you gotta do is ask.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Staging Lane

Welcome, enjoy....
Larry