Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

boost a pump/dual pumps/bigger injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 09:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default boost a pump/dual pumps/bigger injectors?

I already have a 255 in my car, I was putting down 550 with a sts. switched to a front mount and adding more fuel. so the cars running all fab work done blah blah. any ways I'm thinking I'm going to take out 42# injectors and run 60#. also I might have a good deal on a KB boost a pump. I'm only looking to make around 550-600 whp till things pick up at work and I move to bigger cubes.

so I can get a boost a pump for little over 100. will a 225 walbro,hotwire kit,42# injectors and a boost a pump get me there? I mean it has already done it without the boost a pump for 10-15k miles. is the one pump going to be enough for 600 whp using the boost a pump?

I/m just not sure if I should just buy the 60# injectors and call it good. or if I should buy the boost a pump for the added pump flow at boost. I'm running meth, stock compression, I was pushing 10.5 lbs with the sts. with the a FMIC,meth, I was seeing 10.5-10.8 a/f. so the car was getting plenty of fuel, maybe to much.

any input would help
thanks
Old 05-15-2009, 10:59 AM
FormerVendor

Dual pumps and inj. would be the way to go. You may end up being on the very edge of destruction with the BAP and a single pump and if any small thing goes wrong will destroy your motor.

Nate
Old 05-15-2009, 02:45 PM
11Second Club

Get another Walbro, hotwire it, and get the 60# injectors. Do it once, and do it right. You'll have some room to grow and some fault tolerance with that setup.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
Dual pumps and inj. would be the way to go. You may end up being on the very edge of destruction with the BAP and a single pump and if any small thing goes wrong will destroy your motor.

Nate
Originally Posted by Gauge
Get another Walbro, hotwire it, and get the 60# injectors. Do it once, and do it right. You'll have some room to grow and some fault tolerance with that setup.
X3

I had a walbro intank W/ a hotwire kit and fuel pressure droped to 20psi on the dyno @5,000rpm's and 10#'s of boost. Then I removed the hot wire kit and went with a KB BAP and still was loosing fuel pressure, went to 35psi @6,000rpm's and 12#'s of boost. So now I have a lonnies dual pump with a hobbs switch, the fuel pressure doesn't budge all the way to 6,800rpm's. This is with 60# injectors. Get dual pumps and forget about it.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, trying to take a single pump to the ragged edge with a BAP is really taking a risk. Get a solution that will put the system well into its comfort zone where nothing is being strained. I do not have one (don't need it for my baby LT1), but Lonnies system seems to be well thought out, fully supported, and he has years of experience in these systems. So do it once, and go driving!

Quick Reply: boost a pump/dual pumps/bigger injectors?