Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

LS1 noob from the mile high city

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 noob from the mile high city

I had a lazy slow lo3 camaro a while ago, some drunk totalled it and with the cash i bought a 99 formula, 87k, A4, Ls1, Leather, t-tops thats pretty clean about a week ago. The pinion seal is a little leaky ;( Is that common? I hope that isnt a sign my bearings are going...

Anyway i went to the famous bandimere speedway on a test and tune night and I had JUST got my temp tags lol so i didnt wanna break anything right off the bat, i just wanted some baseline bone stock runs (with a dirty *** air filter i found out later)

My first run i ran a denver county corvette cop car and beat him by .001 sec! it was the funnest race of my life no doubt! he ran a 15.034 and i ran a 15.033! He launched a good car length on me and this being my first time launching an auto, slowly started gaining. it was an lt1 car with some goodies apparantly.

My next run I have no clue what happened but I ran a 14.6 with a .4XX reeaction time and a 2.2 60'. (BTW i didnt spin...)

I called it good after that, I didnt wannabe the kid with the temp tags gettin towed home lol. Comment on my pinion seal, 1/4 times at his crappy altitdue and some tips on how to launch an auto if you could be so kind