Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car is wrecked! Don't count on solo runs!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 09:20 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Car is wrecked! Don't count on solo runs!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...cky-alive.html
Old 05-16-2009, 10:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What track was that at? It is a bad deal. I am sorry to hear about it.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:09 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks, unfortunately you really have little legal recourse, try explaining dragstrip etiquette to a judge, you did turn in front of him. Beating his *** wont get your car fixed, obviously he wasnt experienced at the track if he did what he did.

Glad to see you didnt get hurt, all you can do is try to reason with the pickup driver, I'm sure he thinks it was all your fault.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I posted in the other thread too, This still sickens me, just glad you are alright.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:43 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1996z28
What track was that at? It is a bad deal. I am sorry to hear about it.
San Antonio Raceway. Yea me too.

Originally Posted by kp
That sucks, unfortunately you really have little legal recourse, try explaining dragstrip etiquette to a judge, you did turn in front of him. Beating his *** wont get your car fixed, obviously he wasnt experienced at the track if he did what he did.

Glad to see you didnt get hurt, all you can do is try to reason with the pickup driver, I'm sure he thinks it was all your fault.
Thanks KP. You have a good point.

Originally Posted by 69_YENKO
I posted in the other thread too, This still sickens me, just glad you are alright.
Thanks.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Take him to court. Most judges will understand that the rules of the road don't apply to a race track..... Thats is sorta why we go right? To drive in a place where we can speed, and take our cars to the max without worrying about tickets and fines.

With both the track manager and the starter on your side, you should win easily. Just take the guy to small claims court and get him for at least $5000.... or you could hire an attorney, but fees will cut into your recovery.

What do you think your out-of-pocket will be?
Old 05-16-2009, 04:50 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by landonew
Take him to court. Most judges will understand that the rules of the road don't apply to a race track..... Thats is sorta why we go right? To drive in a place where we can speed, and take our cars to the max without worrying about tickets and fines.

With both the track manager and the starter on your side, you should win easily. Just take the guy to small claims court and get him for at least $5000.... or you could hire an attorney, but fees will cut into your recovery.

What do you think your out-of-pocket will be?

I plan on doing something. Gonna get an estimate Monday. out-of-pocket will not be too bad because people are donating and selling parts cheap to me. Been getting a lot of pm's and emails from folks wanting to help. This community is great!
Old 05-16-2009, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
I plan on doing something. Gonna get an estimate Monday. out-of-pocket will not be too bad because people are donating and selling parts cheap to me. Been getting a lot of pm's and emails from folks wanting to help. This community is great!
Well, that is really great tony. I always liked that car. Hopefully she will up and running again before too long.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:13 PM
10 Second Club

Was the guy drunk? Or just plan stupid? That sucks man! Just one more reason why I hate seeing farm trucks at the race track.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well it could have been a lot worse. And when my impala is done. I will only run solo we used to have a duster we would almost never run with someone. Like when my brother took his v8 gn out a lt style camaro almost plowed right into him good thing my brother has a trans brake.