Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Blow off valve on a Procharger ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Blow off valve on a Procharger ?

So I had a company install a F1a kit and they ditched the stock bypass valve and put on a big Tial BoV cause they had it laying around and didnt cost me nothing really... Does the BoV act the same as the big red procharger one or am I losing boost putting a BoV on a Procharger thanx for the help guys
Old 05-19-2009, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

. yes you can run a bov on a SC, many guys here have one but I use a bypass instead. bypass valves are open during idle. Do a search its been talked about a lot, you'll find the pro's and con's.

a BOV could put excessive pressure on your impeller

Last edited by SELLSZ06; 05-19-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think tial bov's use a spring inside, try to get the lightest spring in there so your superchargers not fighting to cram air into your engine when your just cruising and your t.b.'s only a 1/4 or so opened.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by droksformula
I think tial bov's use a spring inside, try to get the lightest spring in there so your superchargers not fighting to cram air into your engine when your just cruising and your t.b.'s only a 1/4 or so opened.
Good idea. If you compare the Vortech Race and Mondo Bypass and BOV's, the only differnce in the respective models is the spring tension. On the Race Bypass model, the valve opens at 5" of vacumn while it takes 11" of vacumn to open the Race BOV.

Rick
Old 05-20-2009, 12:05 AM
TECH Resident

As long as it has the proper srping for your Engine Vacuum signal, youll be fine.

As with Tial/Turbosmart, the springs can be replaced to have them open at idle for a supercharger to have a nice clean MAF signal along with longevity of the impeller.

-Wade

Quick Reply: Blow off valve on a Procharger ?