Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some advise

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 10:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I need some advise

Hey there im going to the 1/4 track for the first time on fri and i need some advise. I have been to the 1/8 and cut an 8.57. That is prob good for low 13. That was full weight on street tires. I still was able to get a 2.04 60 Ft @ 26 PSI . Im not able to get the drag radials in time so i got to make do of what i have. I was thinkin about lowering the tire pressure, remove the front sway bar, a little weight reduction. I dont know much and need you guys advise. Thanks in advance
Old 05-20-2009, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chevy8806
Hey there im going to the 1/4 track for the first time on fri and i need some advise. I have been to the 1/8 and cut an 8.57. That is prob good for low 13. That was full weight on street tires. I still was able to get a 2.04 60 Ft @ 26 PSI . Im not able to get the drag radials in time so i got to make do of what i have. I was thinkin about lowering the tire pressure, remove the front sway bar, a little weight reduction. I dont know much and need you guys advise. Thanks in advance
Your 8.57 should be about 13.30s if the conditions are the same. If 26 psi worked the last time, I would use that again. Most, including myself will tell you not to drop the pressure on street tires to much, if at all. If anything, put about 40lbs. in the front tires and do the rest of the things that you mentioned. Your probably allready going to pull the spare tire out, but think about the front passenger seat (30lbs.). Only takes about 15 min. for the 4 bolts and the 2 screws that hold the seatbelt to the seat. Good luck.