Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Rearend Leak WTB Moser 12

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rearend Leak WTB Moser 12

So I hammered on my TA last night in first, dropped it into second, then got off of it because I was coming up on traffic. I had a guy in the car with me that hadn't ridden in the car, and wanted me to hammer on it again. So when I came up to a stop sign, and hammered on it again in first, the RPM shot up to around 2300-2500 range and just stopped. I shifted into second and tried to get it past 2300-2500 and still nothing. I didn't hear a pop, but we took it back to ol' boy's house and I was empty on rearend fluid. We put some fluid in it, but it didn't fix the problem. The car drives fine through every gear of normal driving, it just won't rise above 2500 RPM, which is fine for normal driving since I shift at 2000 anyway. Anyone came across this before? Do I need to go ahead and put a new rear in it? It has 147,000 miles on it, so I've been looking at swapping it anyway, this just gives me a little more incentive. If I do need a new rear, where are some good sites to start looking around?
Old 05-22-2009, 05:31 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had one F Body come to the shop without any gear oil in the rear, the gears in the rear were gearless... lol The car wouldn't move an inch. Since your car drives normally until you get to 2300-2500 rpm I would say you probably have more problems that just the rear. It is hard to say without seeing the car. Bob
Old 05-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I played with it a little over the weekend and even in neutral it's not going above 2300-2500 so now the rearend question is out. I got a buddy who thinks tranny, but now I'm thinking fuel pump or something fuel related that's not allowing it to get enough fuel to push past that 2500 mark.