Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What parts am i missing? Will be installing a used STS GT70....

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What parts am i missing? Will be installing a used STS GT70....

I have all these parts alrady installed: springs, pushrods, ported oil pump, walbro 255, suspension parts, HPTuners for my tune.....

Parts i have or are on the way: 42lb SVo injectors (flow 50lb on ls1), 9" rearend, stock manifolds and y-pipe, intercooler, piping, boost controller, BOV, Wastegate

On the shopping list:

New check valve
(not sure if i want to run a restrictor or not, hear some horor stories)
Better Scavenging pump
Bigger Resistor
Breathers for each vlave cover(for PVC issues)
TR-6 Plugs
Boost Guage
stock pipe (part from y-pipe to turbo gonna need that cuz i chopped mine up when i removed it lol)
Exhast wrap

Anyone have any suggestions or notice anything im missing?!?! I dont wanna forget anything and want this to go as smooth as possible... lol. Have heard of people spending months trying to get everything right on these kits!

Last edited by 1BAD_LS1; 05-25-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:32 PM

heat wrap lots of heat wrap and intercooler air filter intake piping blow off valve wast gate your cam will work but a higher lsa of like 115 or 116 would work better and i would do arp rod bolts and head bolts if not studs just for safty i mean if you got the time and money thats just a just in case think how much boost do you plan to put down?
Old 05-25-2009, 10:33 PM

o and boost gauge and controller
Old 05-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by ma.racing
heat wrap lots of heat wrap and intercooler air filter intake piping blow off valve wast gate your cam will work but a higher lsa of like 115 or 116 would work better and i would do arp rod bolts and head bolts if not studs just for safty i mean if you got the time and money thats just a just in case think how much boost do you plan to put down?
forgot to add intercooler, piping, BOV, wategate, boost controller

how much are the ARP rod bolts and head studs?

I plan on 5psi and hopefully around 500hp.... Safely, not looking to blow my motor cuz i plan on building up a forged setup as i have money and want this motor to last! So i dont really want to spend a shitload of money on this motor either but i want it reliable... lol I know i know you cant go cheap and realiable but i mean within reason.