Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Moving to Conneticut

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to Conneticut

Gonna be moving to CT this month, and had some questions for those already there.

1. How strict? Can I get away with headers and true duals after the inspection?

2. Is there a yearly or bi-yearly reinspect?

3. What about the Dr. Lic.? Is it easy to change over from out of state, or do you have to test?

4. Anything special I should know before coming out that way?

Thanks ahead of time!
Old 05-26-2009, 11:26 PM
11 Second Club

They scan the computer for emmisions.. The guy asked me if I had cats after pulling the car in.. I did and I passed.. Big cam--LTs/cats to a magnaflow exhaust.

Every 2 years they re do emmisions..

DL will probably be some horrible paper work.. I just renewed mine today.. I was in and out in 6 min with a new DL.. It was dead in there today.. Must be because of the holiday
Old 05-27-2009, 05:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

your going to have to have your car inspected when you going for a CT reg but after that your golden on inspections. emissions test every 2 years, a simple plug in deal with OBD2. ive found as long as i have something that looks like a converter on the car ill pass visual. probably alot less strict than what your used to hopefully. the DL is usually just a transfer deal, shouldnt be too bad. the DMV's are slow, usually rude people working the counter and no one speaks english in them so be ready to be annoyed lol just buisness as usual i imagine.
where in ct you moving to?
Old 05-27-2009, 11:36 PM
Teching In

Somewhere near Danbury, I think.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:26 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LrdofH8
Somewhere near Danbury, I think.
Nice.. I live in New Fairfield.. One town over.. There is a cruse night every Sat at Marcus Dairy right by the mall.. I try to make it there if I don't go to the track
Old 05-28-2009, 10:49 AM
TECH Resident

You can get all info you need here:
http://www.ct.gov/dmv/site/default.asp

Here is the coming from another state stuff:
http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a...=|42673|#42676
Old 05-31-2009, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

Cops are dicks up here, They are really strict on the seatbelt thing now, and strict on anything that has to do with a car. I got pulled over and had to have my car towed home because i had a nitrous bottle hooked up..... He saw me hit the purge in a parking lot i was at a Advanced auto and i had to fix the purge valve and rewire it, So i went to check if it was working hit it once or twice, well then i went to get gas he follwed me and sat in the parking lot until i went to leave followed me out and once all four tires hit the street he flipped his lights on..... Bottle was closed but nope the line was hooked up.

Be carefull with the cops if your driving, other than that its great i am up here alot because my mom and GF live up here and so do alot of my aunts uncles and cousins. I drive through danbury on the way up so if you ever want to meet and go cruising let me know.