Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

NED This Saturday, May 30th??

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 10:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NED This Saturday, May 30th??

Weather looks like it might hold out for a good day of racing. Meeting a few GTO guys up there hoping for some new personal bests.

I am trying to get my Fiance` to race her car or my truck to get some seat time and get the feel of drag racing before her next car purchase....
Old 05-27-2009, 10:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be there as well as friday night if the weather holds cause I just got the clutch working.

The slicks wont be here in time.. Kind of a bummer because I think thats what it'll take to go 11s, and I wanted to say I went 11s my second time out.

But I'll be there even if I'm limping/hopping it off the line with the radials
Old 05-27-2009, 11:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sciff5
I'll be there as well as friday night if the weather holds cause I just got the clutch working.

The slicks wont be here in time.. Kind of a bummer because I think thats what it'll take to go 11s, and I wanted to say I went 11s my second time out.

But I'll be there even if I'm limping/hopping it off the line with the radials

Nice Josh.. It'll be a blast to hang out with you and Angela again (I hope I got the name right). You'll get that car in the 11's in no time, don't sweat it! Air those DR's down an use them like slicks... Glad to hear you got the cluch issue smoothed out!
Old 05-28-2009, 12:03 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Speedy0009
Nice Josh.. It'll be a blast to hang out with you and Angela again (I hope I got the name right). You'll get that car in the 11's in no time, don't sweat it! Air those DR's down an use them like slicks... Glad to hear you got the cluch issue smoothed out!

Deff man likewise. Angie said she was doing something on sat I think so she prob wont be there but your gonna have to give me some insite on what tire pressures to play with. Technically if I can pull a 1.9 60' I should be VERY close to 11.9 if not there. Actually now that I think about it, it may be do-able with the drag radials even with me driving. Hmm.. I may need to rig up a ghetto CAI. Guys have claimed they gained a consistent 2/3 mph increase when they ran the filter into the fender well, the same way you gto guys are running it.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:12 AM
11 Second Club

Cool man. Well you'll get to meet Tiffany for sure.

We'll get the tire pressure perfect and you'll launch like a ****! Where's the air box now? can you pull a headlight? I gain 3-4mph with just pulling my headlight to let the blower get fresh air.... If you can do that, I highly suggest it.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:58 AM
11 Second Club

See you guys there....
Old 05-28-2009, 12:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what tire pressure are u running? what size DR and what brand? on my 275/50/15 et street radials i run 16 - 17psi cold
Old 05-28-2009, 05:05 PM
11 Second Club

im confused then. why do u think u need slicks to run a 11 sec pass if the car is already dead hooking?
Old 05-28-2009, 07:32 PM
TECH Junkie

yeah a slick likes really low psi like 10-12, drag radials like 18-22. My 325/50/15 like 20 psi
Old 05-28-2009, 07:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
im confused then. why do u think u need slicks to run a 11 sec pass if the car is already dead hooking?
My car hasnt dead hooked. Last time I went to the track was my first time ever. So I drove around the water box no burnout and just limped it off the line, and just got into the gas quickly. car went 12.49 with a 2.2 60'. Now I know with these 555r 245/50/16 drag radials someone who knows what their doing could deff go 11s and prob get 1.7 60's but this is my second time at the track. So I dont know if I'll be able to do it. With the slicks from what I've read you can get away with dumping the clutch more so than the drag radials because their softer. Obviously I dont have the clutch cotrol perfected yet so slipping the clutch to get off the line quick is still not really something I know how to do unless I just get lucky.

Plus the wheel hop even with that measly 60' was terrible. I'm gonna play with tire pressures to try and reduce that, another reason I think

Todd look forward to meetin the woman, are you running your car as well?
Old 05-28-2009, 08:55 PM
11 Second Club

hmm i see, yea the flex of a slick at low psi will help reduce the wheel hop. i see what u mean. try doing a good burnout with those nittos and dumping the clutch. i bet on sat u might have a good chance of hooking with good track prep.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:23 PM
11 Second Club

My car hasnt dead hooked. Last time I went to the track was my first time ever. So I drove around the water box no burnout and just limped it off the line, and just got into the gas quickly. car went 12.49 with a 2.2 60'. Now I know with these 555r 245/50/16 drag radials someone who knows what their doing could deff go 11s and prob get 1.7 60's but this is my second time at the track. So I dont know if I'll be able to do it. With the slicks from what I've read you can get away with dumping the clutch more so than the drag radials because their softer. Obviously I dont have the clutch cotrol perfected yet so slipping the clutch to get off the line quick is still not really something I know how to do unless I just get lucky.

Plus the wheel hop even with that measly 60' was terrible. I'm gonna play with tire pressures to try and reduce that, another reason I think

Todd look forward to meetin the woman, are you running your car as well?

I'd love to run my car but I have until at least next week before the parts show up at Don's shop.
Hopefully I hear from him early in the week or a day before the stuff shows up so I can pull the transmission to prepare for the new install. Went with a Monster Stg 3, remote bleeder and SFI Quicktime bellhousing for safety. I would like to get it installed and broken in nicely for June 6th for some racing!!

Tiffany finally decided today, she'll be racing her Scion tC to get the feel for drag racing... I wanted her to do this in preparation for a future car... Thinking an APS TT G8 or H/C/Converter G8 for her... she likes the idea but hates the cost... LoL She really wants the four doors, but I may be able to convince her into a GTO or Trans Am with an Auto....and ProCharger!

Last edited by Speedy0009; 05-28-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Speedy0009
I'd love to run my car but I have until at least next week before the parts show up at Don's shop.
Hopefully I hear from him early in the week or a day before the stuff shows up so I can pull the transmission to prepare for the new install. Went with a Monster Stg 3, remote bleeder and SFI Quicktime bellhousing for safety. I would like to get it installed and broken in nicely for June 6th for some racing!!

Tiffany finally decided today, she'll be racing her Scion tC to get the feel for drag racing... I wanted her to do this in preparation for a future car... Thinking an APS TT G8 or H/C/Converter G8 for her... she likes the idea but hates the cost... LoL She really wants the four doors, but I may be able to convince her into a GTO or Trans Am with an Auto....and ProCharger!
Let me know when your going, I'll have Charlene take the TBSS down the track too

Here's my number 508-989-3972
Old 05-29-2009, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Krazy98Z28
Let me know when your going, I'll have Charlene take the TBSS down the track too

Here's my number 508-989-3972
Saturday morning, leaving Dartmouth around 5:30AM. Want to get there nice and early for T&T....
Old 05-29-2009, 12:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02BEAST
I'm running MT DR's not slicks. Try running 20-22 and see what happens also pump up the skinnies max psi also. What converter you running?
are u talking to me? i have no problem hooking lol
Old 05-29-2009, 11:41 PM
11 Second Club

See you guys tomorrow. For the people who dont know my car its an old white rx7 with black hood and black rear wheels. If I dont know you yet come by and introduce yourself
Old 05-30-2009, 07:35 PM
11 Second Club

Todd man I didnt think I'de catch up with you guys on the highway on the ride home you guys must have stopped to eat cause I was at BK for like a half hour.

I saw your car and was like wtf is that them? I was hoping if it was you guys I could sneak up next to you guys and rev the engine but you guys musta seen me coming.

All in all good day. Tiffany beat mr creepy guy know it all dude. Guys been racing for 20 something years but he gets beat by a high 16 second car. Lol.

Thats the way to spank the veterans tiffany. I'm deff getting angie to come out in the 4runner good way to get her into racing and I got a tow vehicle if my car breaks

Ohh yeah also todd I just checked the slip when I went 12.49 I did go 8.2 at 91.7 mph in the 1/8th which is why I am saying I think the car has enough power to go a bit faster than the 111-112 it trapped last time. I think I was gear/tire limited. I wont be surprised if it traps a lot better next time with the bigger tires because I wont run out of gear at the top of 4th.

Last edited by sciff5; 05-30-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:25 PM
11 Second Club

Todd man I didnt think I'de catch up with you guys on the highway on the ride home you guys must have stopped to eat cause I was at BK for like a half hour.

I saw your car and was like wtf is that them? I was hoping if it was you guys I could sneak up next to you guys and rev the engine but you guys musta seen me coming.

All in all good day. Tiffany beat mr creepy guy know it all dude. Guys been racing for 20 something years but he gets beat by a high 16 second car. Lol.

Thats the way to spank the veterans tiffany. I'm deff getting angie to come out in the 4runner good way to get her into racing and I got a tow vehicle if my car breaks

Ohh yeah also todd I just checked the slip when I went 12.49 I did go 8.2 at 91.7 mph in the 1/8th which is why I am saying I think the car has enough power to go a bit faster than the 111-112 it trapped last time. I think I was gear/tire limited. I wont be surprised if it traps a lot better next time with the bigger tires because I wont run out of gear at the top of 4th.
Josh,
We stopped for fuel... Dave likes to run his tank real low (you know, weight savings). When you left the track we were just going to air up the tires and when we returned you had left... we were like "hey, where'd Josh go?"

Anyhow, we were wondering how you fell behind, then caught up right as we were taking the exit. I just so happened to turn around for a second and saw you coming, nonetheless the car sounded good with the revvs and quick romping on it... I can't wait to see that car all finished up with the clean cut interior, it's gonna be so badass. It's kinda got me thinking to build Tiffany something similar

Great Day at the track with ya, too bad you didn't make a pass though! Next time out, hopfully next weekend of the following we'll see what happens your car should easily go low 12's if not high 11's. Any time you want/need a trailer and I have the time, just let me know I'd be glad to help out and since you're in Norwood, it's on my way to the track.... looks like I need to sell my trailer and buy a two-car!

Tiffany had a fun time and I think she might be hooked. She doesnt want to spend any money on it right now for good reasons... but said she'd like to go back and just get more seat time and do better with what she has! Talk about making me happy!!

Well I'll catch you guys soon!

It was a great day overall with everyone! Anthony got a new best at NED which is great as well, its only going to get better from here bro!