Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Liberty Fiberglass

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liberty Fiberglass

I just got a VFN style hood from these guys. Went and picked it up. $270. It needs final sanding and touchups, but it fit like a glove! I am working on it now, but when I finish it, I'll definately post the pics. Just wanted to turn you guys on to a sweet alternative! They make many different style hoods. NON-SPONSOR LINK REMOVED

Last edited by phantomzer0; 06-03-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:42 AM
FormerVendor

Not to bash your hood purchase - I'm happy you are excited and happy about your purchase...but always keep in mind that you get what you pay for - and this company - Liberty, Champion, whatever they are calling themselves this week - has a HORRIBLE rep for selling hoods that need MAJOR work, MAJOR fitment issues and even fly off customers cars.

They are banned in Ohio from selling their products.

There are lawsuits against this company - perhaps why they change their name constantly

And they do not design their own products - they purchase aftermarket companies products and make a mold from those products.
Not just our products either - US Exotics, Cervinis (they even left Cervini's patent number in their mold!), SLP, etc. etc.

Here are some links to back up what I am saying....

I am again, not putting this out there to bash your purchase.
Only to inform people that this is NOT the best place to purchase a hood....unless you are looking for major work to go along with that "deal" you are getting.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-m...-familier.html

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=273968
Old 06-02-2009, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

I agree, there was some work to do... But I have no fitment issues at all. I knew that for under 300 bucks, there was going to be some work to be done. But I do body work and paint, so this is no issue for me. However, I was unaware of their past. Maybe I was a lucky customer, but I'm pleased with what I got for the money!
Old 06-02-2009, 04:12 PM
FormerVendor

That's awesome!

Again, I want to mention, I had no gripe with your posting at all -

They have a very shady rep and are very well known in the racing biz because of it....I only spread the word about them, because I don't want to see anyone to get ripped off or even get hurt...if you look through the second link, there are customers who had hoods fly off their cars while they were driving!

That is the only reason I jumped in - Very glad that you're happy with your purchase!
Old 06-03-2009, 08:03 AM
On The Tree

I had no idea of this rep! I wish I would have known before I purchased it! But I'm putting hood pins on it anyway, just in case! But for now, this is all the budget allowed for! I appreciate the insight!
Old 06-04-2009, 01:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just bought and fitted a $330 hood from FFI and it fits pretty well, though I'll need to play with the pass side fender using some shims or something to move it over to close the gap (not bad, really - i just like it tight). It will need body work, nothing nearly as bad as the SS spoiler needed that I got from some ebay company.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Guys, I've gotten a couple PM's about my hood, so I'll let you know here, go on ebay and look up FFI custom, or FFI camaro hood. Keep in mind though that I am not a freak about body lines and gaps, but was still pleasantly surprised that it fit pretty well. I would have been made happy pretty easily, but at the same time I'm willing to do anything to close any gaps or height issues as anything can be adjusted, as with this hood, any issues can be adjusted unlike some poorly fitted hood pics I have seen.

Quick Reply: Liberty Fiberglass