What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 WS6 black t-tops 39,xxx miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2000 WS6 black t-tops 39,xxx miles

I had a son 6 months ago, and a loud, two-door car just didn't cut it, so I picked up a TrailBlazer SS to fill my other needs. The problem is, I need to buy a house within a couple years, and two cars leave little room for mod money. So... I'm considering downsizing and getting into a G8 GT. This Trans Am will likely always be my favorite car... it was my favorite car as a kid, but I have a hard time justifying keeping it unless I get offered way less than I'm hoping for.

Onto the car... I bought the car with 14,000 from a guy who used it as a Sunday driver. Only mod he did was a K&N filter. Like the title says, 39,xxx miles, all options. I have paper work for the cam/nitrous/clutch installations. Car has maybe 10-12,000 miles since the cam install and 2K miles on the clutch.

Appearance:
5% tint on side windows and rear glass
Painted brake calipers (black)

Performance:
K&N air filter
SLP lid
JAAM Ram Air
LPP long tube headers
TSP dual exhaust
NGK TR-6 spark plugs
Bosch 13111 O2 Sensors
Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet F-body Dry Halo kit - Includes 10 lb. bottle, TPS window switch, WOT switch, 860 bottle heater
Dominator 2 cam kit (from Rapid Motorsports) - Includes cam, all supporting valvetrain, LS2 timing chain.
42 lb. Ford SVO fuel injectors
Rapid Motorsports dyno tune
Walbro 255 fuel pump

Suspension:
3-point weld-in subframe connectors
Goodyear Eagle GS-D3 275s

Weight reduction:
Spare tire and jack removed
AIR removed
EGR removed

Driveline:
Monster Clutch Stage 3

The important thing is that I never really beat on the car. I have a post history here that proves this. Never tracked, only sprayed maybe 2 bottles through the car at never more than 100 shot, always on street tires so it was never launched hard. If I keep it, I'm definitely upping the shot and running it hard this summer, given the opportunity. It's disappointing to do all these mods and never really enjoy it, but life happens. I'm *hoping* it's worth $17,000+, but the market for these cars has taken a big dip.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What numbers did your car put down on the dyno both N/A and spray? 17K will be hard to get in this market, but its not a bad starting price for you car.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Teching In

17 sounds like a good price, good luck
Old 07-22-2009, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RJB01camaross
What numbers did your car put down on the dyno both N/A and spray?
399/380 NA.. didn't dyno it on the spray, but it's tuned for the spray.

And I've realized 17K is a bit high at this point.. I need to buy a bottle heater because the one on there doesn't work. Once I get a used 860 and put it on, I'm listing it for sale at 15K OBO.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Yes, $15k or best offer is more realistic. Even then it will be a very tough sell. That's a lot of cash to come up with for a young male. A loan is highly unlikely for a modded 9 year old model, unless from a relative. Good luck with the sale.
By the way I bought my 911 in West Chester from Holt Motorsports. Good folks.

Quick Reply: 2000 WS6 black t-tops 39,xxx miles