Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

0z700 Installed, Not disengaging.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 10:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 0z700 Installed, Not disengaging.

Installed new flywheel, clutch and pressure plate. Moved the slave out of the way and let it hang while i was doing the install. Got everything put back together and now the car lurches forward when started in first, or wont go into first when started in neutral. This is all with the pedal on the floor. As i understood it i didnt need any shims.

I wouldnt imagine i need to bleed it as i didnt break the line anywhere, but does that matter? Im not against bleeding it, i just ran out of daylight.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Bleed it some more..sounds like you still have some air in it and it's preventing the Clutch from disengaging all the way.

I have an OZ700 with stock everything, just the drill mod, and it works flawlessly.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:33 PM
TECH Resident

Default no

put i tick on it or shim it ......hate that damn clutch
Old 05-31-2009, 11:40 PM
TECH Regular

If i get an adj. master, does that rule out any shimming?

Ive been reading and this seems like a common problem, not just with this clutch, but every thread has a different answer. Some say the slave is shot, others say bleed it.

Like i said, im not againt bleeding, i just want to know if that really is the problem seeing as how i didnt break the line at all...? Im gonna bleed it the next chance i have, just want some other ideas until the time comes.

BTW, just some info, still the stock hydraulics (2000 SS), and they were working perfectly yesterday. (day before intall)

Whatever i can do to fix this without pulling the tranny back out. Was pretty miserable, tranny fluid everywhere, top bolts are ridiculous to get to, SOB to get back in. Damn near hell :-P But obviously if thats what it takes then thats what it takes.

Last edited by StripedZebra; 06-01-2009 at 12:29 AM.

Quick Reply: 0z700 Installed, Not disengaging.