Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Opinions please! M6 Trans problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 01:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Opinions please! M6 Trans problem

I recently had my T56 rebuilt because the front seal was leaking. I had a friend that is a GM Tech replace the seal and install bronze pads, billet keys, and carbon fiber blocker rings while it was apart. I probably have driven it 3000 miles and now (sometimes, this is important because its only sometimes but it may be getting worse...I have stopped driving it until I can let him drive it or bring the trans to him) it wants to stick into first under medium acceleration, grind second, make noise while driving in second, stick into third, and grind fourth. Fifth and sixth gears work fine. The transmission doesn't do it everytime and sometimes works ok but it seems as though something could break to me. Since I did the upgraded parts I would hate to think they are bad already. My car also had a steel 3-4 shift fork installed when it was still under warranty. I had a 3rd gear synchro go bad (shifter popped out of third under any load) and the dealer did the steel 3-4 fork under the TSB. The trans has a total of 46k miles on it now (around 43k when the seal went bad). The dealer repair was in the 18k mile range and it worked perfect up until the seal let go on me.

I will be bringing the trans to the guy to pull apart most likely. I don't believe it is a hydraulics issue because I did a new slave cylinder when the trans went back in.

The only thing I thought about trying before pulling it was flushing the hydraulics (I did this at 43k but now its already black again) and changing the atf fluid in the transmission.

Any suggestions or thoughts from anyone that has had these apart?

Thank you very much!