Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nirtous fitting question

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nirtous fitting question

I have a Zex blow down tube kit on my bottle and was wondering if there is anything between the safety disc and the valve itself when installing the fitting? I blew the disc back in January and got the replacement two weeks ago. I installed the fitting along with the pressure safety disc and torqued it down at 30 ft-lbs as instructed. The kit came with a small brass washer. I didn't use it seeing as how it was never implicated in the instructions. I went to get the bottle filled today and when it breached right at 10lbs (on a hot bottle that had been exposed to sunlight) the safety disc bursts.

My question is should the small brass washer had been installed between the safety disc and the valve before torquing to 30 ft-lbs as instructed by the Zex kit?

This is the kit: http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=1531

Thanks guys!

Last edited by OHH RLY?; 06-01-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OHH RLY?
I have a Zex blow down tube kit on my bottle and was wondering if there is anything between the safety disc and the valve itself when installing the fitting? I blew the disc back in January and got the replacement two weeks ago. I installed the fitting along with the pressure safety disc and torqued it down at 30 ft-lbs as instructed. The kit came with a small brass washer. I didn't use it seeing as how it was never implicated in the instructions. I went to get the bottle filled today and when it breached right at 10lbs (on a hot bottle that had been exposed to sunlight) the safety disc bursts.

My question is should the small brass washer had been installed between the safety disc and the valve before torquing to 30 ft-lbs as instructed by the Zex kit?

This is the kit: http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=1531

Thanks guys!
Can you take a picture of the washer you are talking about. I am alittle confused.
Dave