trans problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans problem

My trans. has welded the forward clutches again for the 4th time
i am at my wits end with this and it only has 500 miles this time
If Any one knows what would cause this PLEASE POST UP and let me know what to do to fix this
It pulls in park and Neutral when you hit the gas and wont hardly back up if you hit the gas you have to let it idle back and with a 3600 stall thats kinda hard
lol
Old 06-01-2009, 08:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Grooves worn in pump stator, cracked or damaged seals on forward clutch piston,Missing oring in the input drum on center.
THE FIRST SEEMS MOST LIKLEY.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 06-02-2009, 06:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh And the Specs

its a 4L60E
Rebuilt with a Beast Sunshell, Standard clutches (i guess),
Running a 3600 Fuddle converter.
One of B&Ms largest coolers
retuned with HP Tuners but all speed settings are only +5 mph to help with low speed shifts and all pressures set to 45 so as to only firm up the shift a little
Shift time is set to stock and the converter lock up speeds have been raised 15mph
This thing started off by by loosing the Drive and overdrive, something about a shaft broke is what i was told im not sure about that ...
after the rebuild i noticed when i took off i could smell something burning (not tires lol) Then noticed when you drove easy it seemed to run ok and when you hit it it would bind up and start pulling down like you was on the brakes hard. When it got to that point it would not take reverse, well it takes it but it is also pulling foward so it binds up and wont hardley move . then when placed in neutral it will still move like its in drive
Going down the road if you manualy shift it it will go ok in 1st and 2nd but it is like you have the brakes on hard in D and OD
The car is only making around 400 hp due to a crappy tune
The first time it done this is about 50 miless after the rebuild
The secound time was about 200miles
the third time driving off the rack 0 miles
The fourth time (now) about 500-600 miles

Last edited by Goodwrench3011; 06-02-2009 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Remembered something to add
Old 06-02-2009, 07:44 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Hmm feeling like the brakes are on in d and od hmm , It does sound like you have some sort of hydraulics issue, Cross leak something of that nature. I am still thinking something in the pump stator area

Call 888-744-6542

Old 06-02-2009, 09:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who is building and rebuilding this trans for you? If its a local yocal maybe you should go with somebody else. Not trying to be a dick but there is a saying, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by performabuilt
Hmm feeling like the brakes are on in d and od hmm , It does sound like you have some sort of hydraulics issue, Cross leak something of that nature. I am still thinking something in the pump stator area

Was thinking the same thing when I read his discrepancy. Cross leak between the input shaft seals or the sleeve inside the pump stator has shifted. FWIW.

Mec