Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pressure switch location question

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 07:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Default pressure switch location question

I bought a couple of dyno tune bottle heaters, and i was wondering if I put the pressure switch in the ports on the side of the bottle valve can i run the heater with the bottle closed? Are the bottle heaters suppose to keep the pressure up? Like if I make a run and the pressure goes down a bit will the heater get hotter to make the pressure? I am running dual bottles that are y'ed together and dual bottle heaters. I am trying to get as little pressure drop as possible. I know nano is the best but I got the heaters for a good deal and my second bottle, so it was a lot cheaper going this route.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the bottle ports below the valve you should be able to hook up a pressure switch. Be sure to set the pressure switch to the pressure you want with the set screw. I would be sure to use a pressure switch on each individual bottle. You should be able to heat the bottle with the valve closed and the pressure switch should work fine on the bottle port.

With everything wired right, and the pressure switch set correctly the bottle heater will come on with a pressure drop below the setpoint.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Yea i have two guages and two pressure switches. Each heater is wired individual in case i ever just want to run one bottle or something. Think this should do a good job of keeping the the line pressure up?