Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Helpe needed ASAP shifting problems CTS-V

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Helpe needed ASAP shifting problems CTS-V

Hello all,

I have an 04 CTS-V with I/H/E cam it made 430rwhp 3months previous to the cam install, i had an ls7 clutch setup and slave installed... car drove fine slammed all the gears perfect.

After sitting on the dyno for over an hour and doing multiple passes when it came off the pedal felt horrible, but i figured ill wait its the heat. Well time has gone by and basically the story is i can jump on it from anywhere in 1st slam 2nd at 7k rpm but any other gear the clutch doesn't disengage. I feel like i have to pull it out of gear sometimes and the pedal seems to stick and i have to pump it or lift it with my foot.

If i shift @ 5k it will go in any gear fine after 5k it locks out / pedal gets stuck it will grind if you try and get it in hard enough.

Does this sound like a slave issue? or master? or possibly clutch.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Banned

Definately a clutch issue. It could be a hydraulic problem or it could be a pressure plate issue as well.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the quick reply, im trying to figure out if i should try replacing the master first or drop the tranny and go from there, i guess with those symptoms its hard to pin point where

Quick Reply: Helpe needed ASAP shifting problems CTS-V