Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

92 Maro LS1 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Maro LS1 Swap

I have a competely stock 92 Z28 camaro....runs great, but I want to swap out the old 305 for a LS1.....I want to do my homework on this before I even get started so.....I know I will of course need an LS1,harness,computer, mounts but other things I want to know is....will the stock rear-end hold up?....I don't plan on doing much to the engine maybe head work and cam....I want to a put a 5-speed, tubular suspension, maybe true dual exhaust(if it will work),would the stock instrument panel work?( even though it only goes up to 120mph =/ ) I want to try to keep it stock lookin as possible ...any advice would be appreciated....this will be my first LS series I will own....so I'm still new on what I would need for this kind of swap
Old 06-07-2009, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hi since you're new, i'll be polite. I looked in this forum itself and in the first 5 pages there are SEVERAL threads on thirdgen ls1s.

also there is a nice sticky on www.thirdgen.org in the ls1 swap board.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Are you wanting an aftermarket 5spd or retain stock? I don't think the stock 5spd T5 would be up to the task of LS1 torque, even if the LS is kept stock.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

very true if your wanting to go with a stick you might just want to go with the standard ment to be behind an ls1....the t56 6 speed.

This is your first post so one thing to learn is to read, read, read, then ask when you get confused. But when people flame you for asking don't worry...many of them made the same mistakes
Old 06-07-2009, 04:58 PM

I want to put a aftermarket richmond 5 speed super street, I'm sure it is more than enough to handle a LS1, also thanks for the link to the other posts....I'll be askin more questions as I do more homework on this matter

Quick Reply: 92 Maro LS1 Swap