Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

POCONO star was the *slowest*.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 10:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default POCONO star was the *slowest*.....

I went to the Nascar Race Sunday @ POCONO, and the star of the race was the *slowest*.. not to bention BIGGEST:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtKxDhLh-wA

That was the coolest flyover yet!

(this is file footage from Stewart Airbase- same maneuver @ POCONO)
Old 06-08-2009, 10:31 AM
CARTEK Racing

Oh look they're making a left! Oh look they're making another left! They're going left again! I wonder what will happen next! Will they make another left? Awesome, I was right, they're making another leeeeeft!

Old 06-08-2009, 10:58 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Oh look they're making a left! Oh look they're making another left! They're going left again! I wonder what will happen next! Will they make another left? Awesome, I was right, they're making another leeeeeft!

Yeah.. I know.. F1 is must more *demanding* and requires more skill.

That's why Montoya's average NASCAR finish is 17th!

That's why Sam Hornish is usually around 29th!

That's why Allmindinger is right behing Hornish..29th!

Dario Franchitti? Yup.. 38th! Villenueve? 31st!

Can't wait for Danica Patrick.. at least she has a nice ***!

Formula 1 drivers are a bunch of ******, and the have *podium* finishes because the just plain feel bad that 2 and 3 are LOSERS and they can't have that.

NASCAR is ******' American.. USA USA.. flyovers, Military Recognition..
BIG BUCKS spectacle, while *****-assed F1 is $3,000 TAG wrist-watch wearin', Vodaphone usin', Martini & Rossi drinkin', Benetton wearin' girlie-men who need a button to get to pit speed.. another button to jack car.. yet another button to scratch thier atrophied little hairless, pasty-white *****.

Last edited by Mr. B; 06-08-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:05 AM
11 Second Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUvvP1JzrX4
Old 06-08-2009, 11:55 AM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by Mr. B
Yeah.. I know.. F1 is must more *demanding* and requires more skill.

That's why Montoya's average NASCAR finish is 17th!

That's why Sam Hornish is usually around 29th!

That's why Allmindinger is right behing Hornish..29th!

Dario Franchitti? Yup.. 38th! Villenueve? 31st!

Can't wait for Danica Patrick.. at least she has a nice ***!

Formula 1 drivers are a bunch of ******, and the have *podium* finishes because the just plain feel bad that 2 and 3 are LOSERS and they can't have that.

NASCAR is ******' American.. USA USA.. flyovers, Military Recognition..
BIG BUCKS spectacle, while *****-assed F1 is $3,000 TAG wrist-watch wearin', Vodaphone usin', Martini & Rossi drinkin', Benetton wearin' girlie-men who need a button to get to pit speed.. another button to jack car.. yet another button to scratch thier atrophied little hairless, pasty-white *****.
Montoya sucked in F1, in his last season in 2006, he managed to take out 5 cars at turn 1... including his team made Kimi Raikkonen [Tag Heuer model] But last I recall, in his first year, he won both races in which right turns and breaking was involved...

Villenueve was always over rated and won the Formula 1 World Driver's Championship only because Michael was DQ for the season. Since his win, he has done nothing, and was kicked out of F1 for being a waster of space.

Hornish, Allmindinger, and Franchitti never raced in F1 so I am not sure why their names are even brought up.

I doubt Danica Patric will be in F1 next year with the new USGP team, but you never know. Even if she is, the car she will be in will not be at the level she would need to even fight for points.

Hmm... I do not wear Benetton, nor have they been involved in F1 for more than a decade. I do wear Lecosta, and I do have a $3000 Tag Heuer, cant use Vodafone in the US, and even if I could I would not because they are a McLaren sponsor now LOL

I would much rather wear Benetton, Tag Heuer, and drink Martini & Rossi then wear a Wall Mart wife beater with a Chef Boyardee stain on it while sitting in a baby pool drinking a Bush...

I love this country, but the way so many American's are fascinated with NASCAR should be considered a national embarrassment. I think it simply shows that the average American can only fallow a motor sport that involves repetitive single direction turning. Can not understand how 4 tires can be changed in about 4 seconds, and would be totally lost if the car does more than just run in a circle for 500 miles. It only shows how some people need things to be dumb-ed down for them in order to be enjoyable.

I tried to watch NASCAR, I honestly did… Push-rod V8s and all the American muscle and everything… but honestly, watching NASCAR over F1 is like choosing to cross the Atlantic in a 17 th century Spanish galleon when you know there is a Virgin Atlantic Airbus A340 waiting at the gate at Newark. Sure it may be more adventurous, but take longer, smells worse and at the end you are simply settling for something simpler when a better, more advanced, higher end, more luxurious alternative is at your fingertips.

If you enjoy it, by all means, pop open that ice cold Bush, smack your wife a little, put on your favorite wife beater, and turn on the working TV that is sitting on top of the non working TV for some non stop left turn action! Just make sure you don’t kill your 6 dogs when you front porch collapses, and if you mow your lawn, don’t be surprised to find a car in there, when you are done, go help your rich uncle take the wheels off his house.

Formula 1 > NASCAR x 1000000000 ^ 398948390485
Old 06-08-2009, 12:07 PM
11 Second Club

Best thing about F1:

Old 06-08-2009, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OTOH.. road course racing isn't NEARLY as much of a spectator sport... Though it is most certainly more challenging for the driver. (However, car setup is a WHOLE other ballgame, and I give the circle track guys MUCHO credit here...)

My wife's answer to coming to watch me at a road course race: "There's very little enjoyment of getting to see you for 4 seconds of every 2 minutes."

P.S. I love my TAG, and the women like a little man-scaping.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:20 PM
CARTEK Racing

Best thing about F1:

Not sure why... Danika is not in F1... maybe the countless hours of watching 40+ cars make left hand turns has scrambled something, but she is in IRL [?] not F1

but there is plenty of that in F1

not to mention the atmasphere:

how people arive at a Formula 1 Grand Prix:

how people arive to a NASCAR Race:

How people relax at a Formula 1 Race

How people rlax at a NASCAR race

How Ferrari stays at the race track:

How a NASCAR team stays at the race track:

BTW, i forgot other things you talked about Bob.

The PIT LMT [pit speed limiter button on the seering wheel is needed because there is no Tach or speedomiter anywhere in the car, I doubt even someone as awesome as a NASCAR driver would know how fast the car is in the pits and keep it constant w/o any reference. NASCAR guys use the tach I believe to tell their speed in the pits.

And the other, there is no button that jacks the car up, cars are jacked up manualy by the mechanics, there is no system in the car to jack it up on its own.

Last edited by WS6TransAm01; 06-08-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:57 PM
11 Second Club

Steve Page, president of Infineon Raceway, was asked if the rumors were true that the Sonoma, Calif., road course might get a Formula One race. Before he could answer, Smith piped in.

"We're out," Smith said. "We want nothing to do with that today, tomorrow or next year. In a lot of ways, F1 has more problems than NASCAR. A few years back [1989 to 1991] they raced in Phoenix. They had an ostrich race one time and it drew more fans than the F1 race."
Old 06-08-2009, 02:58 PM
11 Second Club

Not sure why... Danika is not in F1... maybe the countless hours of watching 40+ cars make left hand turns has scrambled something, but she is in IRL [?] not F1.
Same ****, different wrapper.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Teching In

Cookie cutter race cars FTL!

Carburetors haven't been on production vehicles in decades. NASCAR used to be a forum for innovation and insane design abilities, where the trickle down technology advances found their way into more production vehicles and advanced the American cars.

That's not the case anymore and NASCAR has lost all its appeal for me.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:17 PM
11 Second Club

How Formula 1 President relaxes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQf9MmRE5L4

Seig Heil!

Old 06-08-2009, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

F1 is so gay. "Theres goes the pole sitter 10 mins ahead of the 2nd place car". The cars are neat 18,000 rpms and all. But the racing sucks. And you couldn't pay me to hang out with those euro trash snobs, just the thought of it makes me want to punch the next guy I see driving bmw in the face.

Having said that nascar does have many flaws and has been going down hill fast the last couple of years. Right around the time it started to cost $20+ million a year to run a season.

And IRL.. I'd watch it if I could bend Danica over.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:50 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by 7998
F1 is so gay. "Theres goes the pole sitter 10 mins ahead of the 2nd place car". The cars are neat 18,000 rpms and all. But the racing sucks. And you couldn't pay me to hang out with those euro trash snobs, just the thought of it makes me want to punch the next guy I see driving bmw in the face.

Having said that nascar does have many flaws and has been going down hill fast the last couple of years. Right around the time it started to cost $20+ million a year to run a season.

And IRL.. I'd watch it if I could bend Danica over.
Not quite, Pole is usaly taken by less than half a second on the final quali lap. When you consider a typical track being 3+ miles with 14+ turns, to be apart by a few thenths is as close as you can get.

Racing up the *** off the guy in front of you for 500 miles and 4 hours is as boring as it gets.

$20Mil is a bargan... especialy when you are racing with 1970's technology.

How Formula 1 President relaxes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQf9MmRE5L4

Seig Heil!

Once agian Bob... get your facts strait. That is not the president of "Formula 1" I can't see the vid because YouTube is blocked on my work computer, but based on the words I am assuming you are posting a link of Max Mosely who is the President of the FIA, NOT Formula 1. the Owner of FOM [Formula One Management] Is Bernie Eclestone, who is a douche in his own right.

But for the love of god, would you please get a single fact strait about F1 next time you try to make fun of it?

Originally Posted by 351carlo
Cookie cutter race cars FTL!

Carburetors haven't been on production vehicles in decades. NASCAR used to be a forum for innovation and insane design abilities, where the trickle down technology advances found their way into more production vehicles and advanced the American cars.

That's not the case anymore and NASCAR has lost all its appeal for me.
NASCAR never had an appeal for me... Its old/obsoline technoclogy, ugly cars, stupid rules, driving in circles boring as ****.

Same ****, different wrapper.
Once again, a typical NASCAR fan, unable to fallow a racing seriese that does more than only go in circles over and over and over... left after left after left.

Formula 1:
18 races in 2008, all hosted in different countries, except for Spain which also hosts the European Grand Prix. Races take place in USA, China, Belgium, Spain, Bahrain,... All races are held on non-oval circuits, three of them in urban street circuits.
Races begin from a standing start unless the weather conditions are found to be too dangerous. In the latter case, the cars make a flying start behind the safety car.
2.4lrt 90degree V8 limited to 19000rpm in 2008, 18000rpm in 2009, engines reached 21000rpm in 2007 [Ferrari & Mc Laren]
Dry weather tires are grooved because of regulations. Flat slicks are likely to be reintroduced in 2009.
Semi-automatic gearboxes allowed and used, each team builds or buys its own.
Standard ECU from McLaren Electronics is provided by the organisation to all teams.
Cars fuelled with unleaded racing petrol, by regulations closely resembling regular car petrol.

18 races in 2008 with only Motegi (Japan) and Edmonton (Canada) being outside the USA. The schedule consists of 11 ovals and 7 regular circuits.
Races begin with a flying start.
The League consists of two series, the premiere IndyCar Series (usually considered synonymous with the Indy Racing League) and the Indy Pro Series, which is a developmental series.
Slicks are allowed to be all flat.
Traction control is strictly forbidden.
Currently, 6-speed paddle shift gearboxes are being used.
Identical Dallara chassis for every competing team.
Normally aspirated 3.5l Honda engines, limited at 10300 rpm.
Cars fuelled with methanol following regulations.
Organisers provide identical rear wings to each team, with 3 different specs during the season.

The only thing similar is that they both have 4 open wheels and 1 driver...

Steve Page, president of Infineon Raceway, was asked if the rumors were true that the Sonoma, Calif., road course might get a Formula One race. Before he could answer, Smith piped in.

"We're out," Smith said. "We want nothing to do with that today, tomorrow or next year. In a lot of ways, F1 has more problems than NASCAR. A few years back [1989 to 1991] they raced in Phoenix. They had an ostrich race one time and it drew more fans than the F1 race."
That is only because the avarage NASCAR watching American is too stupid to be able to fallow a Formula 1 race.

NASCAR is perfect because its the only form of motorsports one can fallow while drunk on cheap *** beer.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the technology of F1. Although the racing would be better without the street circuts.
But all I can remember about the races are the starts and the announcers talking about fuel loads for the next two hours.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:09 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't get the bashing on different motor sports. Hell, if any motorsport should be bashed it's NHRA, ****, they go in a freaking straight line for less than 7 seconds, and they get to completely rebuild the cars after each heat. But do I love to watch it, participate in it, and follow it, you bet I do.

Do I enjoy Nascar, yes, but a lot of the stupid rules **** me off. Am I white trash, far from it. I'm a chemist with one of the best companies in the world. But instead of pissing away $3000 on a watch, I have a 3000 sq/ft house in Pennsylvania's best school district. Where do you live Alex????

See, throwing mud isn't fun when it gets thrown back. My point is, what we find as entertaining doesn't define who we are.

Hell, if there are motorized vehicles, with a winner and a loser, I'll watch it.

As for the comment about high class the 'spectators' are for F1, it's more about image than actually caring about what's happening on the track. It's no different than an awards show, no one really cares about being there, but being seen. Do I like F1, yes, I like the technical marvels of the cars, but I find it boring that there are rarely any passing on the track and it's usually only done in the pits and pit strategy.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:20 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by The Alchemist

Do I enjoy Nascar, yes, but a lot of the stupid rules **** me off. Am I white trash, far from it. I'm a chemist with one of the best companies in the world. But instead of pissing away $3000 on a watch, I have a 3000 sq/ft house in Pennsylvania's best school district. Where do you live Alex????

See, throwing mud isn't fun when it gets thrown back. My point is, what we find as entertaining doesn't define who we are.

Hell, if there are motorized vehicles, with a winner and a loser, I'll watch it.

As for the comment about high class the 'spectators' are for F1, it's more about image than actually caring about what's happening on the track. It's no different than an awards show, no one really cares about being there, but being seen. Do I like F1, yes, I like the technical marvels of the cars, but I find it boring that there are rarely any passing on the track and it's usually only done in the pits and pit strategy.
Sling all the mud you want dude, I get a kick out of slinging it back.

I live at home, but then again, Ive only been out of school less than two years. Unfortunatly property values in central NJ are so ridiculous, even so, I got something going.

If I lived in PA, I would be able to get 2500SF for the same price. And in NC, I would be able to get 3000SF for what I would pay for 1000SF in central NJ, but I can not move because as an architect there is no work ion those areas.

And the watch, I had always wanted one, and it was a gift for my college graduation. Nothing wrong with that I think.

I love F1 for the technology that the cars represent. They are as advanced as cars can get, as apposed to the ancient "technology" that NASCAR represents. There is plenty of passing on track, enough to make it exciting and not as much as NASCAR which makes it seem like a joke. A spec racing series like NASCAR is a joke. Everyone drives the same car, and no one can innovate, whats the point?
Old 06-08-2009, 09:27 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Sling all the mud you want dude, I get a kick out of slinging it back.

I live at home, but then again, Ive only been out of school less than two years. Unfortunatly property values in central NJ are so ridiculous, even so, I got something going.

If I lived in PA, I would be able to get 2500SF for the same price. And in NC, I would be able to get 3000SF for what I would pay for 1000SF in central NJ, but I can not move because as an architect there is no work ion those areas.

And the watch, I had always wanted one, and it was a gift for my college graduation. Nothing wrong with that I think.

I love F1 for the technology that the cars represent. They are as advanced as cars can get, as apposed to the ancient "technology" that NASCAR represents. There is plenty of passing on track, enough to make it exciting and not as much as NASCAR which makes it seem like a joke. A spec racing series like NASCAR is a joke. Everyone drives the same car, and no one can innovate, whats the point?
After 2 years out of school I had already made 14 months worth of mortgage payments. I moved out, went to school and never moved back home.

So you live at home, but are making fun of 'low class' nascar fans?

I just don't get it... I guess it's your high class car... wait, it's a f-body just like the rest of us.

If you don't like NASCAR, then don't watch it. I on the other hand, like NASCAR, LeMans Series, Formula 1, NHRA. Why because it's motorsports. They all have their own unique flaws and draws.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:50 PM
JBM
TECH Enthusiast

Both are high tech motorsports. Nascar lost me when shifting gears became illegal at Pocono. Over regulated and watered down vs the product they offered 10-15 years ago.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:36 PM
10 Second Club

Wink

Originally Posted by 7998
And you couldn't pay me to hang out with those euro trash snobs, just the thought of it makes me want to punch the next guy I see driving bmw in the face.

I never cared for the whole 'mine is better than yours', holier-than-thou snobby attitude either, be it among the F1 jet set or even just the neighbor next door.
Interesting 'catch 22'/irony about some of the people/lifestyles that Alex is defending/praising above, even with his relatively high level of culture, worldliness and education, most within that society would still look down their noses at people such as him even worse than he does it to NASCAR and it's fan base.
There is always someone smarter, wealthier, better looking, more althetic etc. etc. It's just the nature of the beast.
That being said, I do happen to like my one one stainless TAG Heuer watch (I have three of them) more than my 18kt solid gold Rolex, keeps better time and is lighter/thinner.

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
If you don't like NASCAR, then don't watch it. I on the other hand, like NASCAR, LeMans Series, Formula 1, NHRA. Why because it's motorsports. They all have their own unique flaws and draws.
Agreed.