Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Which mityvac model to get

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which mityvac model to get

This might be a stupid question, but everybody talks about using the mityvac to bleed the clutch hydraulics, but nobody says which model to get. Since there are a ton of them on the mityvac site I thought I would ask before I go out and buy the wrong one.

So which one(s) are you guys using? Is there a specific one that would be best for an LS1 car (99 TA)?

Thanks.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

the only one autozone stocks....but dont wast you money...that thing only sucks the bigger bubbles out. from there you have to do the ol school method. i cut a square hole in my floor and bleed on my own, and NO other method works faster. 3 min tops with dry master and slave tops...
Old 06-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Teching In

We don't have an autozone in Canada. I have already tried the bleeding the standard way (a few times), and my clutch (which is a new LS7, and new slave) still won't disengage completely. So I thought I would try the mityvac to be sure there is no air in the system (since a lot of poeple talk about them) and it's cheaper than my next option (see next line).

My next attempt will be a tick adjustable master cylinder (I've already done the drill mod on my stock 99 TA master).

Thanks for the response though.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the one that has a hand pump that tubes into a cup then comes out the other side
Old 06-12-2009, 12:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i used mine for my drill mod and it sucked everything out, made the procedure soooo easy
Old 06-13-2009, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the kit with the metal pump, its alot better made than the plastic ones. If you want the best price go to Amazon.com and buy it there, I paid $65 for my kit after breaking the $50 plastic one I bought from Kragen.

Best thing about the mightyvac is you dont have to get under the car to bleed it, use one of the small tips and put it into the bottom of the fluid bottle and it will suck the air out from there.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrElectric03
I have the kit with the metal pump, its alot better made than the plastic ones. If you want the best price go to Amazon.com and buy it there, I paid $65 for my kit after breaking the $50 plastic one I bought from Kragen.

Best thing about the mightyvac is you dont have to get under the car to bleed it, use one of the small tips and put it into the bottom of the fluid bottle and it will suck the air out from there.
its worth the money, i pulled my master-to-slave line today and wrapped it with heat tape, and i bled the system, got a couple little bubbles from unplugging the line.

i just have a cheap plastic one, works fine for me, just dont step on it, drop it or put to much pressure into it. it might be worth it to go with a metal one, but the plastic one works good for me.

Quick Reply: Which mityvac model to get