Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Opinions of value of CE T/A with less than 500 miles on it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Opinions of value of CE T/A with less than 500 miles on it?

Hey guys,
Trying to figure out what a CE T/A with less than 500 original miles would be worth? Looking into this for a friend who has fallen on some pretty hard times and is looking to sell his original owner CE T/A. The car is as new....as it should be with so few miles. Any opinions on what he should ask and be able to sell?
He also has a 02 T/A Hawk with similar miles that is loaded with all slp options he may be letting go of to...

Thanks for any serious input guys. I wish I could afford to buy them from him just to help the family out but I'm thinning out my collection for similar reasons, just not as bad fortunately.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it a ttop or vert?
Old 06-09-2009, 05:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

it's probably worth alot , too the right buyer. problem is finding that "right" buyer in these rough econimic times. his best bet is probably FleaBay, he wont sell it for **** here on this site
Old 06-09-2009, 06:56 AM
11 Second Club

It doesn't hurt to post an add, who knows, aim high. I'd put it up for close to what he paid, assuming the car was kept in a nice garage, it's basically new.

Some people are always looking for cars like that and have $ to burn. Pontiac will never make another one as we all know. I wouldn't let anybody low ball him. If the economy was better and the car was older then I bet he could make a chunk of change.

Hopefully who ever buys it treats it the same. If he sells it for what it's worth they should.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
It doesn't hurt to post an add, who knows, aim high. I'd put it up for close to what he paid, assuming the car was kept in a nice garage, it's basically new.

Some people are always looking for cars like that and have $ to burn. Pontiac will never make another one as we all know. I wouldn't let anybody low ball him. If the economy was better and the car was older then I bet he could make a chunk of change.

Hopefully who ever buys it treats it the same. If he sells it for what it's worth they should.
I completely agree. This car CAN be a collectors item. Considering the situation in time. But it would need to be parked and really taken care of in a temp controlled garage to ensure that it stays as a pristine example.

My father-in-law recently sold a Ford Tasca Fairlane to a guy in the Carolinas who had a garage full of cars that are one offs and originals and no one knows about it. So when it comes to something's worth. There are people out there with $$$. Just depends if they want to burn it.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the input guys....The car is a t-top 6 speed.
He is really hoping to get 31K or there abouts for it and the Firehawk (each of course!) Both are "as new", literally only driven to get the oil changed every 3 months and inspected once a year.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

take it to car shows with a for sale sign on it, somebody sees it and tells his buddy, who tells his buddy, who tells....etc.