Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Stuck in gear now no reverse? WTF

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck in gear now no reverse? WTF

so i went to the gas station last night and parked my car up front, put it in gear after i shut it off and went inside. i came out and put it into reverse just fine started to back up, clutched it to shift into first only the shifter wouldnt release out of reverse. i pulled as hard as i could to get it to move but it wouldnt. so i shut the car off pushed it back up to the store front and tried clutching it again to get it out. i pulled as hard as i could, wiggled it, kept letting the clutch in and out but to no avail. finally it let loose but it acted like it was sticky ( have a B&M ripper on it. wouldnt re-center itself) so finally i kept starting the car and pumping the clutch while i was wiggling the shifter and it finally "let loose" and started re-centering and acting smooth. 1-6th is fine but now i cant even get into reverse. It will go all the way to the right and gate up some but it wont let it engage. The car has a mcleod ST on it and the tranny has already been rebuilt with upgrades. I have no flippin idea where to even start at. Any and all suggestions will be gone through. Thanks guys.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tough to say for sure but it sounds like the keys in the reverse slider could be jacked up or possibly wadded up under the slider and the backing plate of the slider assembly.