Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new coils and brackets not lining up

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 01:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new coils and brackets not lining up

I'm probably overlooking something simple here. Are these the correct coil brackets? I'm putting the coils where they should be and the holes are NOT lining up. The holes on the coils are about 1/4" narrower than the ones on the brackets. Here's a couple shitty cell phone pics to further illustrate the situation... It's hard to see but the bottom hole in the bottom picture is off by a good 1/4"... I thought all coils were interchangeable?? Some of the coils are hitting the bracket too, unless I'm missing something these are not the right brackets...

Are 98 coils different or something? According to everything I've seen on here all I was supposed to do was get the valve covers with matching brackets and be done with it...

Last edited by 95 Z28; 06-11-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:02 PM
12 Second Club

I know the truck brackets are different. I don't know if that's what you have though. I switched my 98's to center bolt valve covers and bought some used truck brackets and they wouldn't work. I had to buy f-body brackets from the dealer. They were real cheap at least.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:57 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah, just found out the car coils WON'T fit the track brackets. I heard the brackets were cheap from the dealer though too, I'll get a price tomorrow.