Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Who has used a MP70 for a rear mount? Results?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 05:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who has used a MP70 for a rear mount? Results?

I see a lot of front mounts with Mp70's and seem to perform pretty well. Would like opinions on performance as far as rear mount. Spool times,PSI, and such. Also, has anybody upgraded to a "better" turbo of similar sizes on a rear mount and said "damn, I wasted my money" or said "best move yet". Thanks.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:25 PM
TECH Addict

I seen one put down close to 630 on a 4xx ci gto. Also he was running ok times with it . Its a dam good turbo for the price. I think a 1400 dollar turbo puts some people in a comfort zone Me personaly I like what works.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a PTE74 as a rear mount, i'll know in about a month what its going to be all about, I know a lot of guys on here started with 67's and smaller and moved all the way to 88's are are happy with the bigger turbos .. given it takes a lot more exhaust work to be happy with them back there.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
I seen one put down close to 630 on a 4xx ci gto. Also he was running ok times with it . Its a dam good turbo for the price. I think a 1400 dollar turbo puts some people in a comfort zone Me personaly I like what works.
I'm with ya on that. Don't give me a bunch of "fluff", give me what works. High dollar does not mean better. I'm a person that want's people to show me, not tell me. That's my attitude. Good to hear, thanks.