What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

98 Formula with a 402 LS2 6 speed

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Formula with a 402 LS2 6 speed

I'm just curious what my car would be worth. It's a silver 98 Formula with a 402 LS2 built by Vengeance Racing. The car was originally an auto, but converted to a 6 speed. The conversion is very professional and appears stock. The body has 137k miles, ~10k miles with the new motor. It has a lot of new parts and everything works. Runs excellent and makes great power 520rwhp/500rwtq. It was built to be a street car and has very few track passes. The best run at the track was a couple months ago, the car went 11.30s @ 125. It obviously has 10's in it, but I take it easy and granny shift.

Here's the run-down on the car:
Engine and Drivetrain:
LS2 402
TEA AFR stage 3 heads
Comp Cam 598/598 244/244 114
11:1 compression runs on pump gas no problem
Pacesetter long-tubes ceramic coated
Off road Y
Magnaflow Exhaust
Spartan Performance built T56 stage 5
Moser 12 bolt w/ 4.10
Textralia clutch
new wiring harness
new hydrolics
new alternator
and many other bolt-ons and new parts...

Exterior:
It has 137k miles on the body, but has been garage kept. I would give the body an 8 out of 10. It does have a couple very small dints in the rear quarter from getting hit with a car door. it has a couple scratches on the front bumper as well, but nothing major and hardly noticeable. I am running Fikse FM5 rims with new tires. I do have the stock rims with new tires.

Interior:
The interior is in excellent condition. I would give it an 8.5 out of 10. I changed out the cloth seats for some Trans Am leather seats. The seats are in very good condition and I still have the cloth seats, which are also in great condition. I have a dual gauge pod with a wideband AF gauge and a fuel pressure gauge.

Suspension:
The suspension is pretty much stock. I am running an Edlebrock adjustable torque arm, Spohn chromoly adjustable lower control arms and sub-frame connectors.

The car runs great. Nothing has been hacked or cut out. The AC works and blows cold, heat works, all electrical components work, engine runs great and trans shifts like butter. I have well over $20k invested in performance parts and the engine. It can be driven as a daily driver. I have driven it to work in bumper to bumper Atlanta traffic many times without issues. It has also won a couple of awards at car shows.

The attached pic was taken a few months ago with the stock rims.

How much do you think it's worth?
Attached Thumbnails 98 Formula with a 402 LS2 6 speed-formula.jpg