Old 11-10-2003, 09:01 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Bumper Removal?

Is this complex? If so how ? Does anyone have a writeup
Old 11-10-2003, 09:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

not complex just time consuming.you have to take the inner fenders off also to get to some screws that hold the fenders and bumper together.i think all the other nuts and bolts were easier to deal with.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just did it this weekend on my T/A to see about removing the bumper supports.

I agree with SSick, the inner fenders were the biggest PITA but not hard overall. The reason I think its a PITA is because they are just more screws to take off. Other than time consuming its pretty much cake.

I had a Haynes manual but didn't mention some of the extra screws that were there. As SSick mentioned there are 3 screws on each side that attach the bumper to the fender. If you remove the inner fender cover its MUCH easier to get to them. The other ones are in plain view.

Hope this helps
Old 11-11-2003, 07:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have to take off the front fender to take off the inner fender do I? To get the innerfenders off I am guessing its ez'r with the wheels off the car?
Old 11-11-2003, 09:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I got the nose of my car off without removing the inner fender liners, just a little tricky getting to a few bolts.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

it would be easier to remove the inner fenders without the wheels on i just kept turning the steering wheel.i have my fenders and bumper off so i can't really remember if it was necessary to remove the fenders. the fenders and bumper both join together on this metal piece on the side of the car and are held by a couple of nuts but i can't rember exactly in what order they were bolted up i.e. if it was the metal piece at the top then the fender then the bumper or bumper first then fender. just take off the inner fender and take a look inside you'll see what im talking about. remember its not hard just time consuming.