Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Is my master cylinder working properly??

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Is my master cylinder working properly??

Im having a nightmare trying to bleed my clutch.
when I push the clutch down to the floor, it has a little bit of firmness but when I let off, it stays to the floor and takes a few minutes to build back up.

If I try pumping the pedal, as I said, I get one push that has "some" firmness but then the pedal is dead the rest of the pumps. I got ZERO firmness.

Yes I bench bleed the master.

Also, the fluid just dribbles out of the slave cylinder. I dont get a stream of fluid.

Im at the point now thinking Ok is this thing F*cked up??? or do I still have alot of air in the system??

we have been trying to bleed this clutch for a hour now and Im not seeing any air bubble coming out of the slave.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:57 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 30th t/a
Im having a nightmare trying to bleed my clutch.
when I push the clutch down to the floor, it has a little bit of firmness but when I let off, it stays to the floor and takes a few minutes to build back up.

If I try pumping the pedal, as I said, I get one push that has "some" firmness but then the pedal is dead the rest of the pumps. I got ZERO firmness.

Yes I bench bleed the master.

Also, the fluid just dribbles out of the slave cylinder. I dont get a stream of fluid.

Im at the point now thinking Ok is this thing F*cked up??? or do I still have alot of air in the system??

we have been trying to bleed this clutch for a hour now and Im not seeing any air bubble coming out of the slave.

OK, more details....in teh first place, WHY are you having to bleed teh MC? You replace? Is it the only thing new? Or new slave new clutch, etc... You get where I am going with this?
Old 06-14-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Junkie

I swapped over to a used, stock, clutch (repadded), stock MS and slave cylinder. My car is going back to a stock setup.
I was told everything worked fine from the guy who swapped me transmissons.
So now I have everything installed and Im bleeding the clutch. I cant tell if something is wrong...or is there still air in the system.
When bleeding the clutch, I get one decent push of the peddle, fluid just dribbles out of the slave and then I wait a few minutes for the MC piston to come back up.

I thought the MC acted similar to a shock. you push pedal rod down, it imediately came back out??? Not slowly comes back out like mine.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:20 PM
TECH Junkie

???????????/

Quick Reply: Is my master cylinder working properly??