Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big hp guys what trans mount are you running?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Big hp guys what trans mount are you running?

My car is 99% street car so don't want a bunch of vibrations if can help it.
I am converting to 4l80e shortly. As you can see I have big power build. 650 to 1000rwhp depending on how things are set between boost and spray.

So is there anyway stock trans mounts can survive when car is auto? I have poly engine mounts currently they are required with the aps twin turbo kit.

I have used the energy ones in the past not sure about the prothane one. I didn't like the vibration and noise so went back to stock but this is long time ago when car was near stock NA.

Are the prothanes quieter than the energy suspension. Are they stronger heard the energy can still tear ? Read about some trick to shim these so there is less vibration?

Are there stronger gm part numbers for rubber mounts maybe from another vehicle ? Weren't the gm mounts upgraded a few years back?

So what are my options guys?
Old 06-17-2009, 02:55 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not an f body but have used the energy trans mount in 800hp 3800lb applications and have never had any problem tearing, on the vibration issue I don't think it would have been noticed under these circumstances.

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
My car is 99% street car so don't want a bunch of vibrations if can help it.
I am converting to 4l80e shortly. As you can see I have big power build. 650 to 1000rwhp depending on how things are set between boost and spray.

So is there anyway stock trans mounts can survive when car is auto? I have poly engine mounts currently they are required with the aps twin turbo kit.

I have used the energy ones in the past not sure about the prothane one. I didn't like the vibration and noise so went back to stock but this is long time ago when car was near stock NA.

Are the prothanes quieter than the energy suspension. Are they stronger heard the energy can still tear ? Read about some trick to shim these so there is less vibration?

Are there stronger gm part numbers for rubber mounts maybe from another vehicle ? Weren't the gm mounts upgraded a few years back?

So what are my options guys?
Old 06-18-2009, 10:57 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the energy suspension poly mount in my car, no issues. I use solid Spohn motor mounts.