Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Wideband questions,opinions..observations..

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 09:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Wideband questions,opinions..observations..

Ok I have a wideband in my car. Plx and going to use aerforce wideband sensor now and run it directly into my areoforce and use the plx in other cars.

But here is some interesting stuff. The instructions for the bosch sensor don't seem to make much sense.

They say to put it pre cat and then they say to put it 36 inches away from turbo??? Well most cats are much closer than 36 inches? I am not running cats so could drill a new bung and go 32 inches but what if you can't?Would the sensors burn out right away or would it just maybe shorten there estimated lifespan?
I also messed up. My plx get power from the cig lighter. I have unplugged it a few times and had problem with wire getting crushed so a couple times the sensor was in the exhaust pipe but was not getting power from the plx box.They warn against this I guess in reading the instructions more carefully. For sure didn't think it would hurt the sensor. And no idea how fast it would hurt it running like this?
I am likely going to just get another sensor seen them pretty cheap to make sure and be more careful not to do this next time.
So how do most guys deal with some of this conflicting instructions. the 36 inches after turbo but the pre cat instruction?
And have any of you guys ran the bosch wideband sensor and not had it powered up for a few days or whatever and still found it worked ok?
Does it instantly destroy it and why does not having it powered by the control box kill it. Would have thought these things are pretty tough.