Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alternator Bolt Pattern Compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternator Bolt Pattern Compatibility

I figured this would be the right bunch of guys to ask my question. I switching my setup to the Procharger LSX Cog set up and the ALT relocate bracket they sell with this kit is for the 2002-2008 C5-C6 Alt (GM alternator: #25888970) Dose anyone know if the Silverado Alt is the same bolt pattern as the Corvette ALT. They look real close Id really like to use my 200amp truck alt. Thanks Aaron

Corvette ALT

Silverado ALT
Old 06-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Needs to finish car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not the same. My buddy wanted to put a truck alt on his C5, which he did, but it involved a TIG welder. The truck alt pattern is a little bit narrower. Incidentally, the truck alt made the Vette throw a code. It still ran fine, but we couldn't get rid of the code.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:19 PM
Launching!

I think I can make my alt fit if its just a little bit narrower.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take your alternator to your local rebuilder and have him switch the front housing. If you can't find somebody to do it, email me through the forum, one of my buddies is in the business and I'll have you send it to him
Old 06-22-2009, 09:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by poconojoe
Take your alternator to your local rebuilder and have him switch the front housing. If you can't find somebody to do it, email me through the forum, one of my buddies is in the business and I'll have you send it to him
This was going to be my suggestion. I have a Delco 140-amp in my Mercedes that is based on a Caddy unit. Changed the front housing, the serpentine belt pulley to a v-belt pulley, and a single post voltage regulator. These guys can do miracles if you give them a chance. It was $195 for a custom made alternator that cured several ills in my car, therefore a VERY good price.

Take your original unit in to the rebuilder when you go and he'll either use its parts or it will be the core charge for the new one. This way he'll have the best chance to get you exactly what you need.

Quick Reply: Alternator Bolt Pattern Compatibility