Sponsored by:

Having obd1 4l60e trans issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 11:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having obd1 4l60e trans issues

Hey Everybody,

I am having a couple of issues with my Team Tripp Lvl 2 4l60e.The trans is in a 1994 caprice It's alot to explain butt i will try to be as clear as possible. The trans only has about 1000 miles on it since i had it and only had a couple of passes down the track before i got it.Since i have had the tranny in the car,the trans has been acting up.The car with the trans power plug plugged in the tranny the car will not shift out of first gear at all and the only way i can get it to go in second is to drop the lever down to d2.Will free rev if i put it in 3rd.The underhood fuse is not blown i have checked time and time again.However with the trans plug disconnected from the trans,i have 2nd and 3rd gear. I don't think the 3/4 clutches are gone because the trans will hold 2nd and 3rd all the way to the red line.I have a brand new street edge 9.5 inch 3200 rpm stall and have just had the car tuned for the stall to eliminate the possibly of a stall wall issue.The codes that i am throwing are as follows

Error73 force motor current
error82 shift solonoid a failure
error84 3-2 downshift feedback fault
error90 TCC Enable fault

I dropped the pan and replaced all of the solenoids with know good used ones,however car is still doing the same thing and still throwing codes.I have tried everything i can think of.If anybody has any ideas i would greatly appreciate it,thanks
Old 06-22-2009, 12:47 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Your problem is electrical and I would say wiring related. Check the trans plug thats its fulley plugged in , Then inspect the harness . Next you going to need to do some trouble shooting with a DVOM to figure out whats happening. I would say however you have low or missing B+ POWER SUPPLY could be bad ignition switch or faulty wiring in car,

Call 888-744-6542

Old 06-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the reply,im about to go out side and mess with it now,if it was a bad ignition switCH would the car still start fine? Just wondering because the car starts perfectly fine
Old 06-22-2009, 07:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Yes it could there are actually several independant switches
in a cars ignition switch

Call 888-744-6542

Quick Reply: Having obd1 4l60e trans issues