Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with a lt1

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with a lt1

hey guys this is my first build and im just looking for some info i have a 69 malibu and i just put a lt1 out of a fbody in it and now im tring to get it to run i have the stock harness and i need to know everything i need to get it to run. this is what i have came up with so far need: relay for vats, good electrical advise to make harness hook up to malibu harness, electric fan and shroud, fuel system not sure whether to use fbody gas tank or the fuel cell that i already have w/external pump. like i said i'm just trying to get the car started for now so i can gain so momentum my plans are to get it running so i can have cool *** daily driver any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 06-23-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fill in the blank below, this site is named:

www.L_1tech.com
Old 06-23-2009, 09:23 PM

just thought that ls1 guys could help a poor lt1 gut out
Old 06-23-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 69charliebu
just thought that ls1 guys could help a poor lt1 gut out
Old 06-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Launching!

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Same basic stuff to do an LT1 conversion as an LS1 conversion, so I dont understand the putdowns.
First off get over to the shbox.com site and check out the wiring pinouts, you will need to know that to wire up the engine. You will need VATS disabled in the PCM since you dont have the VATS module. You will need to wire up relays for the fuel pump and electric fans among other things. On my LT1 conversions I have just used all the factory wiring from the donor car and modified the harness as needed, gets rid of the 40 year old wiring left in the car.
Cheap fuel tank is to use the 94-96 caprice tank, fits with some mods and works fine, I have one in a 65 442 and am putting one in a 70 chevelle soon.
You need to do some research, there is plenty of info out there, and plenty of info here. Only difference is with the LT1 you dont have to worry about special oil pans, special headers, or special engine mounts, it falls into place just like any other small block chevy.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

you can also try lt1swap.com

He helped me out with a couple wiring ?'s I had.

Quick Reply: need help with a lt1