Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T-56 Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 01:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-56 Help

I have a 02 Camaro SS and i need to get my Tranny rebuilt i live in Texas and RPM in Lewisvie told me he would charge me 2,000$ for a rebuilt Tranny and New LS7 Clutch... I have basic bolt ons any other mods will soon get a tune , small cam,and 3:73 gears any suggestions if this is a good deal

thanks guys in advance
Old 06-24-2009, 08:24 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ItalianoHeck
I have a 02 Camaro SS and i need to get my Tranny rebuilt i live in Texas and RPM in Lewisvie told me he would charge me 2,000$ for a rebuilt Tranny and New LS7 Clutch... I have basic bolt ons any other mods will soon get a tune , small cam,and 3:73 gears any suggestions if this is a good deal

thanks guys in advance

Are they pulling tranny as well? Stock rebuild? It is a "fair" price either way, a little high, but not bad.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:10 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed, if they will R&R the trans and make sure its buttoned up. Are they replacing the clutch master or slave?? Depending on the year of the car and milage, you may want to consider that as well.

Also see what the price would be with some basic upgrade such as clutch forks or pads. It may not be that much more and it would give the trans a little more reliability.

If they would cut you a deal for taking it out yourself and bringing it there, you may want to consider that to cut cost. Bearing in mind you have the space, tools, or know how.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:09 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Agreed, if they will R&R the trans and make sure its buttoned up. Are they replacing the clutch master or slave?? Depending on the year of the car and milage, you may want to consider that as well.

Also see what the price would be with some basic upgrade such as clutch forks or pads. It may not be that much more and it would give the trans a little more reliability.

If they would cut you a deal for taking it out yourself and bringing it there, you may want to consider that to cut cost. Bearing in mind you have the space, tools, or know how.

Agreed. If you can yank it yourself, most shops charge couple hundred bucks to yank it, so that could save you some there. But, if you don't have the space/tools, etc...obviously no go there. But, if you can give us more details on what exactly they plan on doing, we can tell you what's fair or not. (pulling tranny out to put seals in it and that's all, your getting ripped, for example)