Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LS1 T56 to classic 350

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 T56 to classic 350

my dad is building a nova for this guy what wants to use a ls1 t56. the engine is a 383 so there is an obvious problem there which my old man didn't know until i pointed that out to him. he asked me for my help since i was very suggessful at converting an LT1 t56 to an LS1 t56 for use on my LS1. the only requirements were that it had to be cost effective, work, and quick to do (make and install). i took some me measurements off the engine and tranny and made some adapters on autocad. he installed it yesterday and its works like it was done from factory. i was wondering if yall thought that what i did could be a profitable thing to sale like on ebay or something?
Old 06-25-2009, 09:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RomulusSmallBlock
my dad is building a nova for this guy what wants to use a ls1 t56. the engine is a 383 so there is an obvious problem there which my old man didn't know until i pointed that out to him. he asked me for my help since i was very suggessful at converting an LT1 t56 to an LS1 t56 for use on my LS1. the only requirements were that it had to be cost effective, work, and quick to do (make and install). i took some me measurements off the engine and tranny and made some adapters on autocad. he installed it yesterday and its works like it was done from factory. i was wondering if yall thought that what i did could be a profitable thing to sale like on ebay or something?
Only way to know for sure is just do it. There are kits out there (like from GM) that do this, so you do have competition, but there is always room for more. So, get after it, show us what ya got, and trust me, we'll let ya know if it is crap or quality.