Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOT shifting problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 12:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOT shifting problems

i put on a 2500rpm stall, and 373's.. gota trifect mailorder tune, well it's been tuned twice and still wont shift in any gear at wot... is there something i may have done wrong during the install of any of the parts? the gears and stall were done by a pro. is there a harness or something that connects to the tranny that may have caused this? Someone was telling me it will go away, sounds like BS to me...... any suggestions would help thanks!
Old 06-26-2009, 01:13 AM
Teching In

I had a similar problem and the only thing that went away was 3rd and 4th gear. I dont know how to help you but hopefully someone here can before its to late.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:33 AM
Staging Lane

I'm having the same problem and I have had my car tuned twice and even a complete rewrite of the program but still have the problem. I was told it is still a tuning issue, I will continue to try to get the problem fixed. When and if I get it repaired I will let you know and if you beat me to the fix let me know.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jjenkins
I'm having the same problem and I have had my car tuned twice and even a complete rewrite of the program but still have the problem. I was told it is still a tuning issue, I will continue to try to get the problem fixed. When and if I get it repaired I will let you know and if you beat me to the fix let me know.
thank you. i can't figure it out. i've double checked everything, idk why it would not shift
Old 06-26-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by literallySLOWz28
i put on a 2500rpm stall, and 373's.. gota trifect mailorder tune, well it's been tuned twice and still wont shift in any gear at wot... is there something i may have done wrong during the install of any of the parts? the gears and stall were done by a pro. is there a harness or something that connects to the tranny that may have caused this? Someone was telling me it will go away, sounds like BS to me...... any suggestions would help thanks!

Is it bouncing off the rev limiter at wot? If it's shifting fine at part throttle....then i would suspect the shift points at wot on your tune.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

If its shifting at all...( at any throttle setting) then its the tune. There is nothing different between shifting at half throttle or WOT except when the PCM allows it to happen based on the tune. Someone correct me if Im wrong but I thought some PCMs would not allow a shift from 3 to 4 at WOT...from the factory that way...maybe Im wrong
Old 06-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Teching In

it shifts at everything BUT wot... so it's my tune then? i've had trifecta tune it twice........ hmmmmmmm i wonder if he knows whta he's doing.... when you wot it hits the rev and bounces until you let off and then it shifts... but even normal driveing the shifts seem strange, not like stock at all.... nothing smooth at all... and it's a new tranny.......
Old 06-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by literallySLOWz28
it shifts at everything BUT wot... so it's my tune then? i've had trifecta tune it twice........ hmmmmmmm i wonder if he knows whta he's doing.... when you wot it hits the rev and bounces until you let off and then it shifts... but even normal driveing the shifts seem strange, not like stock at all.... nothing smooth at all... and it's a new tranny.......
The WOT shifting is a tuning issue, send your car to a shop that knows what it's doing before they **** something up major.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had an issue like this with my LT1 and solved it with a new fuel filter. I know...doesn't make sense. But I got the idea by reading where others had solved the problem the same way and decided to try it.

Quick Reply: WOT shifting problems