Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New member in AZ

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member in AZ

So I've been lurking for a while, but recently stepped up and re-joined the flock.

Back in the day I had a 1987 GTA that came from the factory with a 305, 700R4 and an open 2.73 rear end. Over a number of years it ended up with an L89 under the TPI, slight cam, headers, B&M shift kit, and posi 3.42 rear end. I never really got the computer tuned as well I should have, and the car had a hard time breaking into the 13s. But it was fun. I loved that car.

The real world kicked in and I had to drive a 'responsible' pickup for longer than I am willing to admit. It got the job done, but was not the kick in the pants I was used to. I recently got myself into a position so I could sell a truck, and get what I want. Needless to say, in this market it took a long to time to sell said truck, and I watched many cars come and go thru the classifieds while I waited my turn.

I finally got my turn just last week when a guy came out of nowhere and paid cash for the rig. I went shopping, and even kicked the tires on some Mustangs just to see what all the fuss is about.

I still don't get it.

I came across a 2000 Trans Am, M6. I think it's Mystic Teal(?), but not sure. Either way, I love the color. Charcoal interior that is pretty near immaculate, and very strong running LS1. I feel a little bad for how much I paid the guy for it, because he just didn't prep the car all that well, and I thought there were more issues than there really are. I've never been able to say that about used car shopping before. It's got some sort of black Corvette rims on it that I know nothing about, but kinda like.. just wish the lip was black as well. At some point it got drilled and slotted rotors. Other than that, it's pretty much stock.

If you see me rolling around Tucson, gimme a wave.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Sweet, good to see another Zonie on here
Old 06-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome, nice car, it's 105* out right now.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Viscious
Welcome, nice car, it's 105* out right now.
I know. Why do we live here?