Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What set up do I need on my H/C car

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 07:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default What set up do I need on my H/C car

Hey guys I have a question, I have a 99 TA and just got H/C put on. And I can't hook up for **** I have been talking to a few of my buddys on what I need to do so that I can hook up better. So I just want another opinon on this so that's why i'm asking you! I'm gonna mainly be on the street but i'll take to the strip I want best of both worlds if possible.

Sway
Old 07-01-2009, 09:57 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Do you have any suspension mods at all? Lower control arms, control arm relocation brackets, and a torque arm are going to be some of the parts needed to get the car to hook. Give me a call here at the office and we can go over what you might need to get the results that you are after.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 07-01-2009, 12:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depending on your setup/tires/suspension, the driver is going to have the biggest effect on whether or not your car will hook. I have to launch at my local track events and for one thing, it's taken me forever to get it right and I'm still learning. This is 5 years later. So not sure if you are new to drag racing or not. If not then disregard..

Other than that, good drag tires will help you hook. After that other factors like wheel hop and weight transfer are things that can be effected by modifications to the suspension and such.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

thanks for the info bryan and i'll give bmr a call
Old 07-02-2009, 07:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up A suggestion for you!

Hello
Another suggestion for you. Is UMI Performance offers a wide variety of aftermarket suspension parts that will help and eliminate any traction problems! I would suggest going with a new set of lower control arms (due to the factory ones are just stamped) and relocation brackets. I would suggest going with the following.

Relocation Brackets Part# 2012 (bolt on) or 2010 (weld on)

Lower Control Arms Part# 2015 (non adjustable) or 2016 (single adjustable)

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!

Thanks
Brad