Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

popping, grabbing, ever so slight slip

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 08:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default popping, grabbing, ever so slight slip

So. what would be some symptoms of a rear diff taking a crap. it seams to me like things are not lining up anymore. when i take off and turn at the same time, its almost like it doesnt want to turn one wheel or the other. same when i turn and back up into a parking spot. once ive driven for awhile it doesnt seem like things are "in line" anymore. just not in sync. could this be a sign of the diff going. trans shifts fine, i just dont want to break a gear and be sitting somewhere, ive had the car on a lift in neutral with parking break on, and i bet i can turn the drive shaft back and forth between a 1/4 and a 1/2 inch. is that normal
Old 07-02-2009, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

maybe spyder gears are chipped
Old 07-02-2009, 09:01 AM
TECH Veteran

yeah, i know i need to pull that damn cover off. im just dreading what i might find in there. i guess ill have to do it, since i dont really know what im looking at ill every 90 degrees or so, ill snap a pic and post it up. and see what people think. unless its something even a noob to rear drive can figure out.