General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Stange occurance while revving

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stange occurance while revving

So last night on my way home from the GF's house, i pulled up next to a very clean silver LT1 T/A and we were talking for a minute or two and he asked me to hear my car. So I gave it a nice little 5k rev while in Neutral (Auto tranny btw). When I did this, once the RPM's got high enough, the car actually seemed to get pushed forward a pretty good distance. This isn't the first time it happened, it happened the last time i revved it in N while at a light for another guy in a car asking to hear it. There was no hill, and the car seemed to get pushed forward. Anybody have any idea why my car is doing this?? Seems to me like the tranny isn't FULLY disengaging or something, and that once the RPM's get high it's just enough rolls the car forward...that's my first guess. I hate my 4L60e lol. Nothing but problems all the time.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have the stock converter? When the engine spins it still spins the converter and with enough tq can spin the turbine inside the converter and in turn the transmission.

You really shouldn't rev your engine that hard without a load on it.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by WS-Six
So last night on my way home from the GF's house, i pulled up next to a very clean silver LT1 T/A and we were talking for a minute or two and he asked me to hear my car. So I gave it a nice little 5k rev while in Neutral (Auto tranny btw). When I did this, once the RPM's got high enough, the car actually seemed to get pushed forward a pretty good distance. This isn't the first time it happened, it happened the last time i revved it in N while at a light for another guy in a car asking to hear it. There was no hill, and the car seemed to get pushed forward. Anybody have any idea why my car is doing this?? Seems to me like the tranny isn't FULLY disengaging or something, and that once the RPM's get high it's just enough rolls the car forward...that's my first guess. I hate my 4L60e lol. Nothing but problems all the time.
First of all, stop revving your engine in neutral that damn high, its nothing but bad.

I'd put this in the Tranny" section. Like you guessed, something is allowing engagement. In neutral it shouldn't. That would be the first I've ever heard if its normal. My car when stock never did that, but I don;t think I ever revved it over 4,000 in neutral.