Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

new from Virginia Beach

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new from Virginia Beach

Hello to all! Picked up a 2000 Z28 with 460LE...bone stock. Suggestions on the best beginning mods? Do these cars all run at 210 degrees? Thanks
Old 07-04-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. I lived in Va Beach from 2000-2004.

Yup, they all run that hot, but its nothing a tune cant fix. The fans just have to be programmed to turn on at a lower temp. As far as the first mod, i would say get that stock lid off the car and go with an aftermarket one. Then just starting doing some reading here, and see which mods fir your budget, and go from there.

The possibilities are endless on these cars, but my biggest recommendation is to TAKE IT SLOW!!! dont just throw parts at it, and hope theyll work. The BEST way to get your car in the best shape is to plan out your mods, and make sure things work together!! Mismatched parts can hold you back.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im currently living in the VA Beach area but I will be moving to Hampton soon. Station at Langley but lived down here for a while cause of the wife. If you ever need an extra hand that knows their way around f-bodys. shoot me a pm and I'll give ya my #.