Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Clueless on Rear Ends... Is this a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Clueless on Rear Ends... Is this a good deal?

Hey guys, I need some help here. I have a 98 Bird and will be doing a A4 to M6 swap in it soon (2 weeks) and I have been reading that the 10 bolt will not last more than a month or two with spirited driving, whats more is my rear started whining while on the way to class the other day so I guess it is about to go anyhow, though it has not been whining all that much as of late.

Anyways, I was looking into the 9'' or Dana 60 rears. The car will be a DD as well as street & strip, how ever AX is catching my interest too. I will be looking to make some nice numbers on a turbo'ed setup. 600whp+.

The Bird is ABS w/o TC, so if I recall from my readings, it is a 3 channel, lol, is that right?

Anyways, like I said, I don't know too much about rear, unless they are the ones that are wrapped in a G-String so I am not sure what I need or what is good or bad.

As for the offer I found, I found this on Fleabay. Does it sound like a good deal?

You are bidding on one Quick Performance Bolt-In 9" Ford rear end housing for 93-02 GM F-bodies. This auction does include either QP or Moser axles.
This housing accepts factory 93-02 disc brakes.

Our housing consists of new 3" dia. 1/4 wall DOM axle tubes jig-welded to a sandblasted and steam-cleaned big web center housing, with new, billet flush mount bearing ends installed. All factory-style suspension components can be reused. Our new adjustable tubular torque arm mount will also work with several aftermarket arms. The housings are available in factory or custom widths for 3rd and 4th generation F-bodies, and we recommend the use of Moser axles with a Drag or street/strip car, and for circle track applications, our QP line of axles. 31 or 35 spline are available with either brand.

Center section in photos is not included, although we have several available, as well as Wilwood brakes.This housing is designed to be used with the factory disc kit .We use a billet flush mount bearing end.
Drain and fill plug kit is installed .
Photos do not show actual housing in auction. Actual housing is not painted .
*Does not include center section.
*Comes with either Moser or QP axles
*We need to know amount of horsepower and specific application to recommend appropriate build.
* Camaro's that are raised or lowered more than 2" require adjustable panard bar.
Our shop specializes in gears, axles, housings, bearings, and brake kits for 8.8" and 9" Ford, 10 and 12 bolt Chevrolet, and Dana 60 rear ends.

Price: $975

Thanks guys!!!

DM

Last edited by Devils Mentor; 07-05-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

kinda hard to tell you if its a deal or not with no pricing...
Old 07-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Banned

Red face

Originally Posted by WYATT318MOPAR
kinda hard to tell you if its a deal or not with no pricing...
lol, sorry about that

DM
Old 07-06-2009, 06:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do a search. There is a huge thread about Quick Performance rear ends. The only real downfall, IIRC, is that you can't have ABS with this rear. You also have to pay someone to set it up if you don't know how. All of this must be taken into account.

For the record, $1000 is a fairly standard price for a housing and axles.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:47 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the rear that I recommend using. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=145 It has the 3 channel ABS option. Bob