Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls2 intake on 99 t/a help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls2 intake on 99 t/a help!!

my buddy is doing a ls2 intake swap, he's got everything done, but the fuel rails are setting up too high and are not letting the injectors seat properly, will he need ls2 rails or can he modify these to work? pics will be helpful, thanks guys
Old 07-06-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

you have to us ls2 rails with ls2 injector. then you would have to find a harness for your wiring to connect to the ls2 injector. or, get an aftermarket fuel rail that will alow you to use your ls1 injectors ( which is what im doing right now ). i have heard of people bending the ls1 rail mounts to alow the rail to be higher so they could use the ls1 injectors ( which i would never do cause if it doesnt seal, well, you know ). problem im having is my locall gm dealership wants 72 freeking dollars for the coolant bypass tubes.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Teching In

yea he's got the coolant bypass tubes, i'm not sure what he paid for them but he's been through a lot of f-bodies so ya know the spare parts just kinda build up, thanks for the help man!
Old 07-07-2009, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Don't do it,LS2 intake equal like no hp gains. LS6 intake out performs both LS2 and LS1. Just my .02