Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

T/A in So. MD

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T/A in So. MD

Well I've been lurking around this site for a little while and posting on occasion (I'm sure I've bothered enough people in the sales section with questions about their cars).

Anyhow to the point, I found this little gem on craigslist. It's a 2002 T/A completely bone stock down to the air lid and exhaust with only 12.4k on the clock (including the 300 I've put on it). Got it from a man in VA who only drove it to church on Sundays....well actually, I'm not entirely sure he even drove it that much. Car is in almost perfect condition except a few rock chips which is to be expected on a black, 7 year old car. I couldn't be happier with this car so far...it's an entirely different animal compared to my old car.

I bought it with intentions of modding it, but I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to molesting it, especially considering I'm only 18 and in a few years when I get out of school will be looking to upgrade again. I got the car for a killer price (I think) and am scared of devaluing it if I were to sell it. However perhaps a raptor hood, rims, and catback wouldn't be so bad. Any thoughts on this?

Quick question: Engine bay has apparently never been cleaned, lots of dust not grime. What's the best way to clean this? Google told me to just hose it down, but I don't really feel comfortable doing that.

So far this forum has been a great wealth of knowledge, and I'm basically just absorbing as much as I can...while wasting much more time here than I probably should.
Attached Thumbnails T/A in So. MD-camaro.jpg   T/A in So. MD-ta-driver-seat.jpg   T/A in So. MD-ta-driver-side.jpg   T/A in So. MD-ta-front.jpg   T/A in So. MD-ta-interior.jpg  

Old 07-08-2009, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice find! Welcome.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

where in SOMD are you from?
in in Huntingtown, 18 also. pm me and ill help you out
Old 07-19-2009, 12:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the purchase of the car and on the lid Sorry to tell you but these cars lose value fast. Modding it won't actually hurt the car too much sometimes it can help. All I can tell you is to have fun with it! With that lid your getting and maybe a catback exhaust you will be super happy! If you need to know anything or have a question feel free to ask! Take care
Old 02-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Launching!

Little update....sorry for this shitty cell pic but it's all I got for now
Attached Thumbnails T/A in So. MD-fbodies.jpg