Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default oil pressure

I'm pretty sure i know what i did wrong but would still like the input from you tecxperts. I just did my h/c and all went smoothly except now the car makes much less oil pressure. I forgot to line up the oil pump on the shaft with two .002 feelers gauges as i was told to avoid buying the tool. I'm guessing this is playing a huge part in it. at idle sometimes it won't even make any pressure but when you give it a little throttle it goes up to about 25psi at 1000r[ms. obiously i have a huge problem and have to take the front end apart and align and replace the pump as long as i'm there. but would you say the alignment is most likely causing it? my guess is the alignment. thanks guys
Old 07-12-2009, 01:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pump alignment is not your issue at all. The most likely cause is a mis-installed, torn, or missing oil pump o-ring. You WILL need to correct this. Oil pump alignment cannot cause an issue such as this. The second most likely cause is the pressure by-pass valve is stuck open.

Shane
Old 07-12-2009, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah that makes sense i had to replace it from a generic napa one. that was my next guess actually. thanks chris
Old 07-13-2009, 04:13 AM
Staging Lane

o ring like the man says.. it would be my guess.