Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

magnaflow exhaust fitment issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 04:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default magnaflow exhaust fitment issues

I just put a new exhaust on my car since I had a huge dent in one of the primaries of the headers. I go ceramic coated headers(pacesetters same as before) without all the EGR and AIR crap on them they are so much nicer without them.

I picked up an edelbrock y-pipe and had it modified to fit the 3 inch headers. The fitment is way better than the pacesetters y-pipe. I wish I would have got the new texas speed one after see it but I had already ordered this one.

I had a flowmaster exhaust before but it was just load and annoying didnt really have a good sound to me. So I put a Magnaflow on it and it sounds so much better. I have 0 rasp, I was so amazing at that.

The only issue I have is the magnaflow fits like crap. Not one of the brakets lined up right and one of the tail pipes sticking 1/2 inch further out than the other. The flowmaster fit on with not one issue I don't understand why this magneflow is fitting like this. It looks like I will have to take it to an exhaust shop to have them fit it up better. Kind of stupid I have to do that since it is a bolt-on exhaust. One of the tail pipes actually looks longer than the other lol.

It really does sound a lot better than the flowmaster to me just fits like crap.

I will post some pics and a sound clip as soon as I get a hold of something that can record sound.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep. Sounds just like my maggy. That's what I'm doing - once my ARH headers arrive, I'm gonna take it to a shop and have them modify the catback to fit right.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

same my magnaflow driverside tip sticks out about the same more than passenger =\ so might have a shop adjust it when i get around to putting LTs on.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

lol so 3 out of 3 so far fit like crap you think they would fix this. It sounds amazing though.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

oh yes i do love my sound though just a tad bit quiet at times, but hopefully lt's will fix that and it seems like i have a bit of drone only at about 1300-1500 rpm or so when easily accelerating, so hoping a y pipe with a good merge will fix that
Old 07-13-2009, 04:16 AM
Staging Lane

sounds same as most magies ive seen also..
Old 07-13-2009, 10:33 AM
TECH Regular

It is what it is - performance and sound rock, but the fitment ... not so much. That's what an exhaust shop is for - they're pretty cheap exhausts, after all.