General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

driver side rear interior wet after heavy rain

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driver side rear interior wet after heavy rain

well, today when i left work it was pouring down raining and on the way back i had to drive down a road that had a pretty good amount of standing water on it. later this evening when i got in my car my fiance was grabbing something out behind the driver side front seat and said the carpet was wet, well its pretty saturated. no wet spots around the door seals or t-tops and i hadnt got to look much at it tonight, im kind of wondering if therese some type of drain tube or something that could have backed up with water when i went through that flooded road but anyways if someone can point me out something that i may be missing it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Launching!

i think i remember seeing a type of rubber plugs in my floor pan when i lifted my car on a lift. you may wanna check those first.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:42 PM
Staging Lane

thats what i was thinking about, maybe they would of corroded or what not, appreciate the response. and will check these tomorrow
Old 07-13-2009, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by antsls1
i think i remember seeing a type of rubber plugs in my floor pan when i lifted my car on a lift. you may wanna check those first.
x2 I pulled my carpet due to the same issue, the plug is under the rear seat in the bowl area, mine was gone...got a new one no more issues
Old 07-13-2009, 06:17 PM
11 Second Club

I really doubt the water got in that way! Unless you drove in a foot of water! Its more probable that it got in through the window, ran down inside the rear quarter panel and into the carpet.