Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will truck injectors work in an LS1 intake?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will truck injectors work in an LS1 intake?

Just curious if this will work or not. I would like to run an LS1 intake, but I have a truck harness. So I was wondering if the truck injectors will work with the LS1 intake and rails? I doubt it, but thought I would ask.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

As I understand it, they'll physically fit in the LS1 intake but have different electrical connectors. There is an adapter available to use the truck injectors with an LS1 type wiring harness but since you have the truck harness it shouldn't be an issue.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They will fit if you remove a bit of plastic from the injector, but you will either have to modify the LS1 rail or use the truck rail to make the setup work. The ls1 rail is farther away from the manifold since the injectors are longer than the truck style injectors. If you are using the intake for clearance, the truck rail won't work since its bigger than the intake was to begin with. I suppose modifying the LS1 rail wouldn't be too hard, but in my case it was easier to spend 35 bucks and just use a set of LS1 injectors.

Quick Reply: Will truck injectors work in an LS1 intake?